Complaint Review: Samsung

• Reported By:Virginia Beach Virginia
Samsung
samsung.com Internet U.S.A.

Samsung SAMSUNG 56in. HL-S5679W SCAM Virigina Beach Internet

I purchased a Samsung 56in DLP w/LED from Mangolia in Best Buy located in Virginia Beach. I spent $2999.98 and the set lasted less than 2 years with multiple repairs from Jan07 to Nov08.

Three months after purchasing tv the screen would turn bright pink, bright green or half of the screen would not come on at all. Called Samsung, under warranty, and they sent techs out ot fix it. The techs took it to their shop and replaced the DMD which the techs said was faulty and the speakers which were rarely ever used and they sounded like they were under water. After a week, I got the tv back and the picture was up in the uppper left hand side of the screen, so they have to move it back to center using the service window, no big deal. Then the tv started making this loud popping sound when it was on and when it was in standby at night, I could hear it in the next room. The tech's came back and took the tv back to their shop, another week passed and they said that they couldn't replicate the problem. I had to go and pick the tv up this time.

A couple months later, the tv starts cycling on and off when the tv is turned on. It did this for a couple of months and in the process of waiting for a new tech to come look at it, it died. The tech pulled out the power board and said the the capacitors had swelled and that the board was actually rendered useless. Samsung's ECR department told me they would allow and exchange because the power supply was no longer made for this tv. A week has gone by and I've heard nothing from ECR or their exchange department. I will updated this post if I ever get in contact with the exchange department.

My friend and I purchased the same tv at the same time and he's currently having the same power cycle issues, this is his second time dealing with the power cycle issue. The tech was able to fix it last time before his tv died by putting in larger capacitors. We both spent a good portion of our military re-enlistment bonus on these tv's and they are crap. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A SAMSUNG!!! THEY DON'T BACK UP THEIR PRODUCTS AT ALL!

Matt
Virginia Beach, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/06/2008 09:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/internet/Samsung-SAMSUNG-56in-HL-S5679W-SCAM-Virigina-Beach-Internet-398515. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung