Complaint Review: Samsung

• Updated: Tue, July 08, 2008

• Reported By:Incline village Nevada
samsung.com/us/index_main.html Nationwide U.S.A.

Samsung 61" DLP 1080P TV Reno Nationwide

I purchased a 61" Samsung 1080p DLP TV in 2007. Shortly after the one year warranty was up, the TV started repeatedly turning itself off. I contacted Samsung and they request that I scan and email all my purchase records and they would contact me with how to proceed.

Two months later, I still had not heard from Samsung and again called and spent a great deal of time with customer's no service. Despite the fact that I was just over warranty and the TV cost over $3600, Samsung would do absolutely nothing. I have read a great many similar complaints online regarding this issue and I confonted Samsung with this but they would not admit to any issue, nor would they give me any information as to the possible cause, so that I could at least communicate this info to a repairman.

I called a local Samsung service tech, and they have no knowledge of the issue, have not received any memo or info from Samsung, so I am completely are their mercy. Without even knowing the issue, they told me it could cost between $250 and $500. This expensive TV was a little over a year old, and had very, very few viewing hours on it!

I am telling everyone...Samsung is crap. They make unreliable products and do not stand behind them. I spend a huge amount of money each year on tech products and I swear that I will never buy another Samsung TV, cell phone, hard drive, microwave, automatic toilet bowl flusher...nothing...ever again!

Ron s.
Incline village, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 01:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/nationwide/Samsung-61-DLP-1080P-TV-Reno-Nationwide-348840. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung