Complaint Review: Samsung

• Reported By: pkd — Bixby Oklahoma
Samsung
Nationwide USA

Samsung "out of warranty" due to water damage...NEVER BEEN WET! Plano Tx

*Author of original report: To Author TYG ()

*Author of original report: Guess what..YOU'RE WRONG!

*Consumer Comment: AUTHOR: Tyg - () Rebuttals

*General Comment: Litmis

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy S III less than two months ago.  When it arrived, the Samsung charger did not work.  I borrowed a friends Galaxy S III charger, seemed to charge just fine with it so I wasn't aware there was an issue inside the phone!  Within 1-2 months the phone quit holding a charge...it would drain, without use, within a couple of hours.  I called Samsung, sent them the phone to be repaired.  Within a couple of days I got a call saying I needed to pay $249.00 for the repair because my warranty was invalid due to PBA corrosion!  Mind you, this phone had been plugged in at 10% battery,unplugged at 100% battery, and was kept laying on the original box on my nightstand,

or (of course in a case) in my purse which only holds the phone and my wallet--since purchased...because of cancer I barely leave the house! So, there is NO WAY the phone could have ANY damage, let alone water damage...NO WAY!!  I told them to just return the phone as I would not pay for their damaged product again!  Since then, (last two days), I have found several people posting the same complaint..."out of warranty" due to water/PBA corrosion...  This seems to be a Samsung Scam!!  Or, maybe Samsung is sending out "damaged" new phones from their warehouse?  I don't know, but if you are like me,this is a problem and ...I am not able to buy a new phone after the cost of this one.  Could anyone let me know if there is a class-action suit against Samsung for this issue?  I would like to be included!  Thank You.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2014 07:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samsung/nationwide/Samsung-out-of-warranty-due-to-water-damageNEVER-BEEN-WET-Plano-Tx-1156464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samsung

To Author TYG ()

AUTHOR: pkd - ()

WOW...you have got to be kidding me!!!  You are either employed by Samsung to do nothing but attack any customer that is dissatisfied with the Samsung repair department...or you really need to get a life!!!  Obviously, some complaints are born out of frustration...but some are actually ligitamate...you need to quit attacking Samsung customers one after the other as though Samsung can do no wrong!!  Guess what...they completely lied to me and denied my warranty based on false accusations...there was a problem with my phone...but it was NOT water damage as claimed by the Samsung service center!!...so, get off your high horse and quit blaming the customer for all of these complaints... Samsung can, and in my case was, to blame... at the very least for thier misrepresentation of the actual promblem!!  I was sold a "NEW" phone that was actually not "NEW" but had been previousy repaired improperly!!  According to the repair company (won't name names, but they are VERY REPUTABLE!)  NO WATER DAMAGE!!!...the phone should never have been sold like this and Samsung misrepresented the damage because the repair job was very obvious and completely botched!!!!  They said there is NO WAY that Samsung could have removed the motherboard for inspection (which is what Samsung said had "water damage" because the bothched repair could not have been mistaken!!!! BTW....before you comment on them....NONE of the litmis, including "inside" the phone (not just under the battery) ,  showed ANY signs of water damage....NONE!!!  So, Samsung WAS WRONG!!!!!

Guess what..YOU'RE WRONG!

AUTHOR: pkd - ()

After all your huffing and puffing about my misuse and confusion on the "real" issue here...your're wrong!  My phone was returned by Samsung saying I had water damage..they siad I could take the phone to a local reputable repair service and have them repair it for much less $$$...so, as soon as it arrived...I did just that.  The repair company called a couple of hours later...this is what they said...They can't understand why Samsung said my phone had water damage because none of the litmis (or whatever you called them) show any signs of water damage, there is slight battery related corrosion, but nothing out of the ordinary that they couldn't just clean...but NO SIGNS THAT THE PHONE HAD ANY WATER DAMAGE!, however, they wanted to know who sold me this phone...they said it is the worst repair/refurbishment they have ever seen!!!  They said Samsung could not have even removed or inspected the board, as there is no mistaking the issue here...the phone was sold to me as a new product...but it is clearly NOT!!!  The mother board had stickers all over the underside, and the worst soldering job they've ever seen.  They said this phone should NEVER have been sold, let alone returned (by Samsung) this way!  They suggested that I report this immediately!!! Call the Better Business Bureau and be sure to advise my carrier that this was sold to me this way so that they are aware of this "SCAM"!!!  So, you need to comment on only what you know...obviously, in this case you are wrong!!!  Also, I am NOT to blame and I have taken extremely good care of my investment...there is no reason to assume a newly purchased ("NEW" product) would arrive as a complete scam!  This was sold as NEW, but clearly was refurbished and should never have been sold this way!!!  Also, you are so quick to deffend Samsung...can you explain why they said..." your warranty is not going to be honored because of "water damage", when clearly there was NONE!!!  I can only immagine you will now attack the service company, right?

AUTHOR: Tyg - () Rebuttals

AUTHOR: ThinkObjectively - ()

There are 16 pages of complaints about Samsung on this website.  If you look carefully at Samsung Mobile complaints you'll see that nearly every one has a lengthy, demeaning rebuttal defending Samsung and implying that any damage is the consumer's fault based on assumptions.  You'll also notice that every single one of these rebutalls is filed by the same author: " Tyg - () ".  Why would someone spend so much time rebutting nearly every single Samsung Mobile complaint? Its almost as if they have a vested interest in the company..

#4 General Comment

Litmis

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

While im sure you make yourself feel better with your assurtation that you never got the phone "wet", you fail to acknowledge that there are multiple litmis papers in a phone that indicate water damage. This is litmis paper, it activates in the presence of moisture, not "just" water. This means that if you talked on your phone after getting out of the bathroom, well that would be a heavy moisture environment. If you were outside speaking on your phone during rainy weather, that would be a heavy moisture environment. What all of this means is that YOU have used the phone in enviroments that have lots of humidity, which has caused corrosion to form on your phone. THAT is NOT Samsungs fault. When you received the phone, it was probably straight out of the box, which means that only through YOUR use did this end up happening to your phone. I would suggest that in the future when you are offered a warrenty on your phone that you accept it. This whole situation could have been avoided if you had an extended warrenty. You and I both know that YOU were counting on the manufacturer warrenty to cover your rump. Manufactures warrenty ONLY covers defects in a products CONSTRUCTION, not your regular use of the item. While you sit there and scream scam, those of us consumers that have dealt with this problem previously are going to tell you that it IS NOT a scam.

There are THREE separate litmis paper indicators on your phone. You see one everytime you remove your battery because there is one on your battery. Theres 2 more deeper in the phone. If the ones deeper in the phone on the main board are activated then you were around A LOT of moisture. This is what is causing your issue. As consumers we tend to be a bit literal in our thinking. Kinda a one track event. Samsung tells you the water indicators are activated and you IMMEDIATLY jump to the conclusion that THEY are scamming YOU since YOU NEVER MAKE MISTAKES!!! When the reality is that you DID talk on your phone after getting out of the shower, or you DID talk on your phone in a heavy moisture environment. Its SO MUCH easier to claim THEY are trying to scam you then admit that YOU are the one that has caused this. Its called "Deflection of Responsibility". This is something that EVERY American consumer does. Its a hold over from being a child that most people don't grow out of. Its much easier to deflect the blame then admit that YOU screwed up. So get over it, youre not being ripped off. YOU did this to YOU through YOUR use of the phone and nothing more.