Complaint Review: Samy Santa Flooring Depot

• Submitted: Fri, June 19, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, June 19, 2009

• Reported By:Charlotte North Carolina
Samy Santa Flooring Depot
3402 South Blvd Charlotte, North Carolina U.S.A.

Samy Santa Flooring Depot - SSI Flooring Selling "cabin grade" flooring material as first quality Charlotte North Carolina

Samy Santa Flooring Depot is a rip off. I recently purchased hardwood flooring for my home. The material was a "Samy Santa Flooring" brand and was told it had a 10 year warranty. As it turns out the material is made by Somerset Hardwoods in Kentucky and it is a cabin grade, meaning no warranty, only good enough for kids club house. The material looks like two different species of wood with two stain colors. After getting no where with the manager, Bret Perkins, I dealt with Randy Lovelace. He tells me all this I worked for a big name flooring manufacturer for 10 years or something (to be honest, I never have heard of the company he worked for). He did nothing but talk, talk, talk and then tell me to deal with Bret. I am not sure they know who is in charge around there themselves.

Needless to say. Avoid the headache and go someplace with a good reputation. Stay away from Samy Santa Flooring Depot. They have two locations. One is Duluth, GA and another in Charlotte, NC. The third location already closed some place else in Atlanta. I wish I had read the complaints about them before I went through this whole ordeal. There are plenty of them out there.

The good news. I went to another store and was able to have the floors re-sanded and finished with new stain. They used a dustless sander system.

Bill
Charlotte, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2009 06:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Samy-Santa-Flooring-Depot/Charlotte-North-Carolina-28209/Samy-Santa-Flooring-Depot-SSI-Flooring-Selling-cabin-grade-flooring-material-as-first-462882. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Samy Santa Flooring Depot