Complaint Review: San Antonio Officemax

San Antonio Officemax
23022 US Hwy 281 N San Antonio, Texas United States of America

San Antonio Officemax RIPOFF 15% Restock Fee San Antonio, Texas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Not a ripoff

I have to say that Officemax is a total ripoff. We paid a thousand dollars give or take for a laptop and when we got it home it did not work. We returned it three days after the sale and they had the audacity to tell us we had to pay a 15% restock fee and they refused to waive it!!! Then to make matters worse, even though we paid cash they said they did not have the money in the store to refund the purchase and would have to refund the money to my credit card so I had to wait another week to get my money back and to go somewhere else to buy a laptop that actually works! The staff was rude about it and actually seemed to feel like it was justified to take my money from me for an item that was defective. I had to pay these people 150.00 for their mistake!. Why in the world would anyone shop there? How can any store sell you an item and STEAL 150.00 from you when it does not work. I have bought major electronics from many stores and have never been robbed like this from anyone. In my opinion this is no different than stealing. Please think real hard before buying anything expensive from this place because if you get home and it does not work, you WILL be forced to pay 15% of the purchase price if you return it. BAD FORM Office Max. You have lost a good customer and if you keep this up I doubt you will be in business very long.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/04/2010 02:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/San-Antonio-Officemax/San-Antonio-Texas-78258/San-Antonio-Officemax-RIPOFF-15-Restock-Fee-San-Antonio-Texas-610170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on San Antonio Officemax

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Not a ripoff

AUTHOR: Daniel Alley - (United States of America)

Most retailers that sell electronics have a 15% restocking fee.  If you looked at the reciept, or the return policy posted EVERYWHERE in the electronics section, you would know they EXCHANGE defective items, RETURNS get a 15% RESTOCKING FEE.  Check it out: Devals Point of View

tendency