Complaint Review: San Jose Auto Repair

• Updated: Sat, January 26, 2013

• Reported By: Kimberly Reyna — San Jose California United States of America
San Jose Auto Repair
1737 Alum Rock Ave. San Jose, California United States of America

San Jose Auto Repair Charged for misdiagnosis, and unnecessary parts and labor. Paid for unnecessary parts/trial and error, and left with broken car. San Jose, California

*Consumer Suggestion: Go To Arbitration

I have been bringing my car to San Jose Auto Repair for a few years, and had always been impressed with the honesty and service I received, so, when my car began to develop a serious problem, I decided to bring it to the same place. This turned out to be a bad choice. I ended up paying over $1000.00 (towing and parts and labor), and being sent home with the same problem, and now, no more money to get the car fixed, or even to get the car towed home!

After giving the repair shop $1000.00 of my hard earned money, The car is now sitting on the side of the road, broken, not able to start, and The repair shop (Robert, the name of the gentleman that I have always dealed with) will not take responsibility for their misdiagnosis. The shop manager (Robert) refuses to give a refund, and instead, suggested that I just continue to drive the car around (which I continued to do, and the car promptly broke down completely in a very dangerous situation on the road in which I was nearly killed and my passenger was severely injured.)

When asked for a refund, or for the shop to at least fix the real problem, the manager (Robert) came up with a variety of reasons why he could not do that; including; "we can't do on any work on it because there's no registration" (He didn't seem to have any problem working on it and taking the $1000.00 a few days earlier), Well if you can't fix it, can you refund me the money for the expensive parts and labor that you charged me and did not solve the problem? "But the car really DID need a new radiator!", and finally, "well we have no way of knowing what the problem is, since the check engine light isn't on anymore. maybe you could just drive it until the check engine light comes back on".

In the end, I decided not to take these people to court, but thought I could at least save someone else from going through the hardship of what I am going through.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/26/2013 08:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/San-Jose-Auto-Repair/San-Jose-California-95116/San-Jose-Auto-Repair-Charged-for-misdiagnosis-and-unnecessary-parts-and-labor-Paid-for-1004093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on San Jose Auto Repair

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Go To Arbitration

AUTHOR: A.R.C. Networks, Inc. - (USA)

Enough fighting take action and arbitate