- Report: #972307
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: San Marin at The Civic Center
San Marin at The Civic Center4215 N. Drinkwater Blvd. Internet United States of America
San Marin at The Civic Center San Marin Luxury Apartments Allows notorious predatory towing company to tow its own residents Internet
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
1) They allow a notoriously predatory towing company to make judgment calls in the middle of the night on whether or not their own tenants are parked correctly. They appear to be more interested in allowing this predatory company (with a Better Business Bureau grade of C-!) to make money off their residents than in protecting those residents from predatory charges as well as the massive headache caused by getting one's car back from an impound lot that is nowhere near their home. After they were parked, you know, in the parking lot at their home.
2) They fail to inform their residents that they are in constant danger of being towed in the middle of the night if one or more of the vehicles around them move. The signs posted all over warn only that "unauthorized vehicles" will be towed. Nothing about "authorized vehicles deemed parked incorrectly by some guy in a tow truck in the middle of the night making money off the residents" will be towed. [continued below]....
posted or a little heads up when signing the lease) to avoid going over the white line even if it means not being able to park in their own homes. (And of course they don't tell residents that! Their response would be, "Hold on...you mean to tell me that if I'm going to be over the white line, I should leave the apartment complex and park blocks away from my own house?! Because it's more important to you that the towing company make money off your residents than your residents are protected? Hmm...let me think again about whether or not I want to sign this lease and live at a place that cares so little about its residents.") Which leads me to...
3) When this does happen, their response is to tell you that you "should've taken a picture"! You should've taken a picture. The apartment manager of the place where you live will inform you that the onus is on YOU, the paying resident, to prove that your "authorized vehicle" shouldn't have been towed in the middle of the night by a notoriously predatory towing company and some dude who gets to decide whether or not he wants to tow you. There is ZERO interest in protecting their residents. You'll be told that next time, you shouldn't even risk it; you should leave the property and walk home, in the dark, at 3 in the morning!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/San-Marin-at-The-Civic-Center/internet/San-Marin-at-The-Civic-Center-San-Marin-Luxury-Apartments-Allows-notorious-predatory-towi-972307. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.