Complaint Review: SanDisk Corporation

• Updated: Wed, June 09, 2010

• Reported By: Curtis — Bessemer Alabama United States of America
SanDisk Corporation

SanDisk Corporation Sansa MP3 player stopped working no service Internet

Two years ago, I purchased a Sansa e280r MP3 player from Best Buy.  I have really enjoyed the player.  Last week, while listening to some MP3 files, the player suddenly stopped working.  After recharging the player, I turned the unit on and the unit was frozen.  I called technical support, but they informed me that support was only offered by email only.

After a series of emails back and forth, I received the following email: I truly understand where you're coming from however, please note that SanDisk does not sell replacement parts or provide repair services for the Sansa players. Sansa Players are under a One-Year Limited Warranty. If this expires then we can no longer request for the replacement of your device. Unfortunately the device's warranty has expired a year ago.  I feel very alienated as a Sandisk customer.  I paid almost $200 for this unit 2 years ago, and now Im told you dont provide any type of repair services for the product.  This makes me very wary to ever buy another Sandisk product because now I know that once it breaks outside of the warranty, you wont even provide a means for me to get the product repaired.  Im almost sure the issue is the firmware needs to be reflashed, and I have offered to send the product in and get the work done at my expense, but the only option I have been given is, to buy another unit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2010 11:29 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SanDisk-Corporation/internet/SanDisk-Corporation-Sansa-MP3-player-stopped-working-no-service-Internet-612131. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SanDisk Corporation