Complaint Review: Sandos Hotel/ Cancun/ CMBTT

Nationwide U.S.A.
  • Phone: 407-472-6728
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

Sandos Hotel/ Cancun ,CMBTT incompetent/poor customer service, on hold for over an hour, after waiting they would hang up. internet

*Consumer Suggestion: Royal Elite Timeshare

*Consumer Comment: Same experience and this is what I did to get my money back...

*Consumer Suggestion: Hi, the same thing happened to me on 2/18/2009. We need to fight back

I spoke to a ' Jacob Skyler ' who took in my debit card information after giving him my name for the vacation package. I was then given a confirmation for my payment. He transfered me to another individual who asked me 'how many people will accompany me? She congragulated me for my vacation to cancun and said to make sure I call 45 days in advance so that it'll give them enough time to book in my reservation for the date that I will take my vacation.

They also explained to me that I cannot get a refund should I decide to cancel.
She also informed me, that on my stay at the hotel of cancun, not to exceed over $99 in tips and that I will be situated at a five star hotel (Mayan Riviera). I was then sent a confirmation receipt through my email address.

I initialed and signed (along with my home address) the receipt as requested from her,confirming the amount taken out of my debit card and faxed it over to (1877-708-1730) I still have the receipt and cover page.

I cannot count the number of times I tried calling them (prior to the 45 days of my last conversation with them. When finally someone picked up, they would put me on hold for about 1 hour 1/2 to then hang up the phone.

I kept calling and calling until I finally spoke to someone by the name of heather. I asked her ' why is it so hard to get a hold of anyone live? and she replied: 'I apologize for that, but we're having problems with the phone lines'.

Once I gave her the date that I was taking my vacation for, she said to wait for a voucher receipt within 7-10 business days and to start buying the airplane tickets. I asked ' is there a guarantee that you will book me in for the exact date? I would need some kind of confirmation the reservation will take place for that date before I buy my plane ticket. She then said to wait for the voucher to be emailed to me so I can then buy the plane tickets.

I've been waiting patiently for too long now without a voucher receipt. meanwhile, I am out of the money I paid them. I was looking forward to this vacation. Can someone help me get my money back?

Can someone stop them from doing this to someone else?!! Can they get away with this?

Liz
Bronx, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/15/2009 09:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sandos-Hotel-Cancun-CMBTT/nationwide/Sandos-Hotel-Cancun-CMBTT-incompetentpoor-customer-service-on-hold-for-over-an-hour-a-412367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sandos Hotel/ Cancun/ CMBTT

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Royal Elite Timeshare

AUTHOR: IsabellaP - (United States of America)

Royal Elite Timeshare scams are very common in Mexico, since that's one of the most fraudulent timeshare companies, their custumer service is lousy and the maintenance fees are insanely high. This is a forum with more prople who were victims of Sandos:

there is a company called Mexican Timeshare Solutions that can give you a free consultation on your matter, you should contact them to see how to proceed legally against Royal Elite

Same experience and this is what I did to get my money back...

AUTHOR: Fightbacksf!!! - (U.S.A.)

1. called my credit card company
2. contacted Better Business Buerau (BBB.org)
3. contacted the state of Florida

here's a link to my experience:

and i have the email addresses to all 3 dishonest people whom i dealt with.

According to the BBB, they never responded to the BBB's inqueries.

The state of FL said I couldn't get my money back because their original company name Travel Comm (which supposedly ran out of business a year or so ago) was out of "back up" money; which is money set aside in case the business gets sued. So based on this alone, Travel Comm aka CMBTT was in a HUGE law suite by the time i disputed the charges. The BBB told me this as well.

Just to let you know, I paid $600 for a vacation and then I had to do an "upgrade"; another $300; because I had called too late to book a hotel. Since I had already paid for the $600 a year or so ago; it is a bit late to get that money back. BUT HELL NO am i losing the $300; which was much more recent. Read my experience with the above link.

My credit card company fought for me and got the $300 back...unfortunately, I couldn't get the original $600 since they ran out of "back up" money.

i still would suggest doing the above steps and spread the word.

Same experience and this is what I did to get my money back...

AUTHOR: Fightbacksf!!! - (U.S.A.)

1. called my credit card company
2. contacted Better Business Buerau (BBB.org)
3. contacted the state of Florida

here's a link to my experience:

and i have the email addresses to all 3 dishonest people whom i dealt with.

According to the BBB, they never responded to the BBB's inqueries.

i still would suggest doing the above steps and spread the word.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Hi, the same thing happened to me on 2/18/2009. We need to fight back

AUTHOR: Bohler - (U.S.A.)

Hi, lets fight back by doing the following:

File a report with Federal Trade Commission at: https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/

Tell them that the unknown company adverstised a vacation to mexico for 199. After you sent payment and they sent you a confirmation via email you could not reach them. Add in all associated information with the transaction so that the owner can be tracked by FTC: If we all put in the associated numbers they can research the company and find them and stop them.

Here is the information that I obtained:

Customer Service number to book vacation after you pay: 1866-961-1891

Customer Service number to call to book vacation: 1888 318-0447 or 407-472 6728.

Fax Number where you confirmed your payment: 877-708-1730
Website that doesnt work: sandosvacations.com
Email address that replied to you: no-reply@tripcheckout.com
Name that appears on your bank once transaction goes through "Mexico Vacation"
Person I spoke to on the phone: Clifford Vincent ext 295