Complaint Review: Sands Chevrolet in Surprise, AZ

• Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: Lonita — Surprise Arizona
Sands Chevrolet in Surprise, AZ
Surprise, Arizona United States of America

Sands Chevrolet in Surprise, AZ From a "VALUED CUSTOMER" to a "NOBODY" in just 10 days!!!! Surprise, Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Bad Check

On Feb. 16, 2013 I was "financed" for a brand new car!  I left a $2800.00 check to be deposited on March 9.  On Feb. 24th I received a call stating I was not approved for the car and needed to return to the lot to pick a different car.  I met with the "head" finance guy and was told to "come back tomorrow" to meet with my original dealer and he would have cars for me to choose from.

I returned the next day and "David" appeared to be surprised.  (Lack of communication?)  Long story short, he told me there was only one car that I could actually be approved for and it was the Chevy Sonic.  (I had already expressed my dislike of this car on Feb. 16).  I was told, "well it's not a life sentence".

After long deliberation, I decided to take my trade-in back and wait until I was able to get the car I desired.  My car was brought to me with trash in the passenger floor, I never received "I'm sorry things didn't work out", or anything.  I was also told by "David" that the deposit check would be shredded.

Well, on March 11, 2013 the $2800.00 check was submitted to my bank and again on March 12.  Resulting in overdraft fees.  I went to Sands Chevrolet and spoke with "Frank" who passed me on to another finance guy.  I was informed that the process was electronic and it had been stopped. When I asked for confirmation, I was told "the company is closed so I have no way to get you that information, but I can call you with the confirmation # tomorrow."

When I asked to be reimbursed for overdraft fees and late payment fees, they declined.  I just accepted that and stated, "thanks for nothing!"

Well, today is March 15, 2013, almost one month to the date that I was "approved" for a new car (that I don't have) and Sands Chevrolet cashed a $2800.00 check ( my checking account is overdrawn).  Sands Chevrolet has also mananged to drop my credit score 200 points.

It's a total Ripoff and I will tell anyone who will listen...I don't want this to happen to anyone else!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/15/2013 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sands-Chevrolet-in-Surprise-AZ/Surprise-Arizona-/Sands-Chevrolet-in-Surprise-AZ-From-a-VALUED-CUSTOMER-to-a-NOBODY-in-just-10-days-1035018. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sands Chevrolet in Surprise, AZ

Bad Check

AUTHOR: cards1 - ()

So if you would have qualified for a car loan what would you have done with the bad check then?