• Report: #182076

• Submitted: Sun, March 19, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2008

• Reported By:laveen Arizona
Sands Chevrolet
5418 N.W. Grand Avenue Glendale, Arizona U.S.A.

Sands Chevrolet ripoff dishonest fraudulent Glendale Arizona

*Consumer Comment: Buyer's Remorse

*Consumer Comment: Look a little closer to the facts

*UPDATE Employee: Sour Grapes

*Consumer Suggestion: Julie you want to expose this dealer?

I went to trade in a vehicle to purchase a new Tahoe. Many things went wrong, did not realize until I went home and thought about it; First they did not honor the sticker price they added more to it because they had forgotten to add the rims and tires on the Tahoe.

Was quoted on a certain amount for the trade in, once I got home realized that it was wrong. I went back the second day and told them, that they did not credit me the amount that was agreed upon. One of the finance manager's talked to me and said that there was nothing that could be done that it was my fault. He said that I was stuck with it!

I told him, that I only had a couple of days with the Tahoe, that I wanted to return it. He said absolutely not!!!

At that time, I told him that the car that I traded in the actual owner had not gone in to sign the realease that I was only the cosigner. He said it didn't matter. I told him that I would seek legal counsel, He then told me that the converstion was over and to take my paperwork and get out.

I have never had such a bad experience, please to all the people out there do not purchase any vehicles from Sands Chevrolet.

When I was driving home, I felt so bad that I cried all the way home. Called some friends to get a little guidance in what to do, the only thing I did was file a complaint with the Attorney General Office. But still not sure if there is anything more I could do to take the Tahoe back.

They are a total rip off!! I don't know what else I could do, but for the people out there do not by from SANDS Chevrolet...

Julie
laveen, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2006 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sands-Chevrolet/Glendale-Arizona-85301/Sands-Chevrolet-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-Glendale-Arizona-182076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sands Chevrolet

Buyer's Remorse

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You should NEVER sign any contracts before you read and understand them. If you had actually read what you were signing you would not be in this situation. This is just common sense and what you wrote sounds more like buyer's remorse rather than a rip off.

'First they did not honor the sticker price they added more to it because they had forgotten to add the rims and tires on the Tahoe. '
-If the price did not match what you were told WHY did you sign it, did you actually think that what you are told verbally overrides what you actually sign?

'Was quoted on a certain amount for the trade in, once I got home realized that it was wrong'
-If you mean they told you one amount but wrote another, then it is your fault for not looking at the paperwork. If you mean that you think you should have gotten more for your trade in, then it is your fault for not bringing that up before you signed the contract. Realizing this once you got home was too late.

"At that time, I told him that the car that I traded in the actual owner had not gone in to sign the realease that I was only the cosigner".
-You had no issues doing this when you bought the truck. So either there is more to this part, or you were actually legally allowed to sign over the trade in.

"I told him that I would seek legal counsel, He then told me that the converstion was over and to take my paperwork and get out."
-What did you expect him to say? Did you expect him to offer you everything you wanted? You took it to the next level so their attitude is that they are not going to say anything more.

I hope you post what your attorney said and if it gets to a suit what the outcome was.

Look a little closer to the facts

AUTHOR: Jmgm - (U.S.A.)

Julie,

When you purchase a vehicle and the dealer gets the financing for you they will not submit the contract to a bank with negative equity from your trade. More than likely you owed more on your trade than it was worth. The dealer will add money to the trade value and when they do that they add money to the selling price of the vehicle to cover the difference. The negative equity just doesn't up and disappear. Well over 95% of the time this is the confusion customers will have on the "why did my selling price go up, this is not what we agreed to".

Sour Grapes

AUTHOR: Auto Pro - (U.S.A.)

No one "forgot" to add the cost of 22" wheels and tires to your vehicle. In fact, they could have been swapped for factory wheels had you asked.

As for the trade? The time to address that alleged discrepancy was while you were signing your finance paperwork. There is no "right to rescind" in Arizona. In point of fact, you own the vehicle when you sign the buyer's order. You cannot return a motor vehicle after a few days like a toaster at Wal-Mart.

The "sticker price" is the manufacturers suggested retail price. I emphasize "suggested." No one makes a purchase until value exceeds price.

As for the finance manager throwing you out of his office? I doubt if he did it honky-tonk bouncer style. Every employee is trained to terminate customer contact if you wish to seek legal counsel. You hire a lawyer, and we call ours. Let them deal with it in court.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Julie you want to expose this dealer?

AUTHOR: Stick - (U.S.A.)

Julie you want to expose this dealer? Go to this Rip Off Report and look at I posted on the back of my truck for many to read. Look at the picture I posted of my Green Nissan truck tail gate. Gets to word out in a big way and it's cheep. Car dealers do not like it when you expose their deceptive ways.

www.badbusinessbureau.com/reports/ripoff17727.htm

Many car dealers hate it when the make the Rip Off Report. I love it when they do make the Rip Off Report. You should also try www.ripoffrevenge.com !!!