Complaint Review: Sanford Brown College

• Updated: Thu, December 20, 2012

• Reported By: jeannie1118 — detroit Michigan United States of America
Sanford Brown College
5900 Mercury Drive dearborn, Michigan United States of America

Sanford Brown College false advertisement, financial aid scam, improper class structure and instructors with with improper credentials to teach. dearborn, Michigan

I . My complaint consist of false advertisement, false information, lack of required education for course and misuse of financial aid for my course. I am very dissatisfied with this college.  I came to register for a medical assistant program but after talking to Dan and Jasmine from financial aid, I was persuaded to go for medical billing and coding program, because they said it had more to offer.

Once I started my class there was only for of us in this class and the medical assistant program classes were full. I realized that Sanford Brown needed to fill the MBC classes. From my experience in this college it has been a terrible experience for me. I had a instructor walk out in the middle of a MOD and left no grades, completed work or grades for the next instructor.

We got Ms. Cooley for the remainder of the MOD and she jammed 5 weeks of classwork and assignments and exams in a 7 day period. I didn't learn anything about modifiers and this is greatly need in the medical field. When asked questions about certain things about this course we were told to read our books for any information needed. From this experience I didn't receive any knowledge or understanding from this class. I have little knowledge of modifiers. I did not receive the education on this at all. I feel cheated and they got free money from me.
    There was grade tampering and also there was attendance tampering. Students would be absent more than five days and they were able to complete the course after they had definitely timed out. Grades were given that weren't earned. These grades were given as to pacifie us. I followed all rules when a issue came up and I still didn't get any help from no one.

Also, we have a practice exam that we can work with through our course to help us past the state exam, but this was not introduced to us until our last MOD. I started school in January and the exam was introduced until October. All those months went by and no one said anything to us about this practice exam. Then they wouldn't let us use this key element while in class.
   My financial aide FASFA. I applied for the grant to help me with school because I'm low income and I can afford a loan. When signing up for school and doing my paper work, Jasmine indicated to me that she needs some more information from to me complete my paper work, so I stayed over two hours to answer all of her question that she getting off the computer to finish my financial aid. She printed off all the papers and she was explaining all this stuff to me about my FASFA and then she said that these documents would be submitted with my aid, because whatever FASFA doesn't pay for, this will cover me to start school. I signed all the papers and went home.

Now no FASFA was used for my account at all and I'm stuck with loans I cant pay back. I am so upset that I was treated this way, and I was only trying to make a different career choice, so I can care for my children better. This school has turned my life upside down. I went to class at night worked what jobs I could so I can finish school and get a better paying job and now I at square one again, owing something I cant pay back.

Last week I talked with Ms. Jackson from Sanford Brown about my internship. I can only do weekends and they have not found me anything yet. She was nasty and rude to me. Also, DR. Gruner was on the phone and she was rude and nasty to me and also throwing threats at me about they can place me 60 miles from my house. I explained to the both of them I can only do weekends and I'm also on the bus. They just don't care what or how they talk to the students. When I got off t he phone with them I was in tears. Not professional at all. Now as of today, 12/19/2012 I still don't have a internship and this school is being shut down and i don't know what to do. They gave me a poor education and they set up a loan that I cant pay back.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/20/2012 04:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-Brown-College/dearborn-Michigan-48126/Sanford-Brown-College-false-advertisement-financial-aid-scam-improper-class-structure-984791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford Brown College