stick

Sanford & Son Plumbing
17512 Arch Way Lake Elsinore, California United States of America

Sanford & Son Plumbing Over charged Lake Elsinore, California

*General Comment: in fairness

*Consumer Comment: Sanford and Son - Great quality service, reasonable prices...

*General Comment: Actually you were lucky

BEWARE!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! THEY WILL OVERCHARGE YOU!! My plumbing was backed up through out my home and I was at work.  I had an out of town friend staying at my home so I asked if he could call a couple of plumbers to check it out.

Stanford & Son plumbers came to check out my problem.  He told me it was the main line and had to be snaked out and it would cost me $225.00 to do so.  I told him that I thought it was excessive and he got very rude with me and proceeded to tell me that was his cost and that was it.  He also told me that the only way he would give a discount was if I was a senior citizen.

It was Saturday afternoon at 4:00 and I had no choice but to tell him ok.  As it turned out it was my overflow valve that was stuck.  It took him 45 minutes to snake my main drain when in fact he should have gone directly to the overflow to see if it was stuck.  He made it look like he should have been paid the big fee of $225.00 instead of charging me the lesser fee of average cost of $65.00.  I did in fact get the senior citizens discount for 10%.

I spoke with a couple of other plumbers and they have never heard of this company and would not have charged me anymore than $65.00 to check the valve first then snake the drain.

This company does not have a web site and none of the other plumbing contractors have ever heard of this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2010 11:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-Son-Plumbing/Lake-Elsinore-California-92530/Sanford-Son-Plumbing-Over-charged-Lake-Elsinore-California-582556. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford & Son Plumbing

#1 General Comment

in fairness

AUTHOR: Another-Plumber - (United States of America)

first off, im a plumber in the lake elsinore area, (im not here to make friends, just tell the truth) i have heared of sanford and sons from seeing their ad in the phone books, yea the price of $225 was a little steep, but givin it was on saturday at 4pm it was fair... most companys  charge standard price mon-fri 8-5 everything else is time and a half, or even double time in the middle of the night or holidays. reguardless of what the ad says..  you most likely live in rosseta canyon, when a plumber comes out to your house and the main line is backed up, he cables the drain, if you dont all the thick sludge that backed up for days will just move down the pipe and clog up again down the line somewhere else... as far as charging $65, thats a JOKE, since your overflow   BACKFLOW VALVE was stuck, expect it to continuie to happen, and when you pull the tube out and its  backed up, expect the sewage to run down the drain and reclog, then all that sewage will back up the pipe and into your garage... so much fun when you dont do it right...

Sanford and Son - Great quality service, reasonable prices...

AUTHOR: samuriah - (United States of America)

The person filing the rip off report obviously is not familiar with the plumbing business. A bit over a year ago i had a copper pipe that burst under the foundation of my house. I had two other entities give me quotes for tearing into the foundation of my house and in one case putting temporary support beams which is excessive and costly.

Sanford and Son was able to correct my problem without any major work. I avoided higher costs and even afterward had another expert admit that he could not have repaired it the way Sanford and Son did. The person that is upset should get multiple quotes first then choose one, that is why most everyone offers free estimates.

Sanford and Son has also done work for my Mother in Law and installed a water heater for us. He was again below cost from other estimates and did an fantastic job. He is timely and reasonable.

I recommend Sanford and Son to anyone wanting an experienced plumber that has techniques that most average plumbers are not even aware of. I recommend Sanford and Son to someone wanting average to below average prices. Finding good workers is difficult, finding a plumber like Sanford and Son is rare.

Beware of disgruntled customers who have a misperception...

#3 General Comment

Actually you were lucky

AUTHOR: Amazed - (United States of America)

I have been in the plumbing related business all my life and I must say that $225.00 is cheap for a plumber to come out. Most of them will charge more than $65.00 just to come to your house. Now this person may have indeed done more than necessary as I was not there and can't judge but it sounds reasonable to me especially on a Saturday which would be considered an emergency call.