Complaint Review: Sanford-brown institute landover

• Submitted: Mon, July 02, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, July 02, 2012

• Reported By: Nita19 — Laurel Maryland United States of America
Sanford-brown institute landover
8401 corporate drive 155 Landover, MD 20785 Landover, Maryland United States of America

Sanford-brown institute landover Sanford- brown Landover ripoff Landover, Maryland

*Consumer Comment: Sanford Brown in Landover, Maryland is awful

*General Comment: Sanford-brown institute Landover scam ripoff crooks

Fresh out of high school, and trying to figure out what I wanted to do I called Sanford brown of Landover thinking it would be a good school, I received calls from the school kind of pressing me to come in, the day i came in the recruter made the school sound so good and how grate the class sizes were. I wanted to do the sonography program, they told me I in order to do that program I needed to complete there medical assisting program. They made everything sound so good. Knowing I wanted to move forward with my education I took there placement test and passed. Not knowing it was designed for just that. The same day was accepted. I started the classes and received my scrubs and some of my books. During the first two weeks of class I was one of a few student who did not receive and text book apparently they did not order enough and had to share with another classmate of mine. Some classes that I had threw the program were no good at all then some instructors were unorganized and simply needed to be investigated because they did not know how to teach. Some instructors would even show up late and have the class waiting as well as letting the class leave hours early.I fully completed the academic part of the program and received all passing grades for all the classes that I took. When it was time for my extership At short notice I was notified I could not attend due to a finacal aid situation. When I asked the lady incharge of placing me on a sight about it she told me I couldn't go because I hade a balance but if I had a balance why was I able to continue my classes and not go on my externship, i was told if I didn't pay towards the bill I would not be able to go and be dropped from the program. Then the next week I came by to let the lady in charge of my extership know that I will pay something towards the bill so I can continue the program then she hit me with another thing she said I neede to do a mock interview to go now, withch I was not notified about until then. A cupple of students that had completed the mock interview told me that the person who was in charge of it that day showed up two hours late and interverwed half only half of the class and two people at a time. The last time i heard a interview was only one person at a time. The lady that was incharge was very rude and nasty and told me "well your just messed up all over". Along with a lot of other unprofesonal things. I felt she just wanted me to fail and possibly not wanting to have to go threw the extra work placing me on a exter sight after completing all the courses not to mention the time spent on studying and in classes. I felt my time and money was waisted. I tried to talk with the lady about me possibly making up my mock interview so I can go and she told me to come in the next day go to the admission office and ask to make up a mock interview. she didn't even give me a name to a person or a time to show up. Then she told me she was going on vacation and was not going to be at the school. I was so upset and knowing the price of this program thinking I had to pay back money for just waiting my time. When I called up to the school I spoke to a young lady, at the office and she told me that the school was getting shut down next year and was not going the be in the building I attended anymore, and that the admissions office was closed down and everyone there had left even the lady that recruited me and convinced me to join the school and that they were not taking any more students... I really wish I would have done way better research on the school know knowing the reputation it has. I feel like someone stole from me and the studying and showing up to class was in vain. I know I'm not the only one that feels the school Sanford brown it a scam and a huge ripoff. I don't want to have to suffer and pay off bills for a school i had no bissness attending when i could use the money to get a real education. These people are crooks. Anyone with the same issue with this school Sanford brown please let it be known.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/02/2012 02:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanford-brown-institute-landover/Landover-Maryland-20785/Sanford-brown-institute-landover-Sanford-brown-Landover-ripoff-Landover-Maryland-905804. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanford-brown institute landover

Sanford Brown in Landover, Maryland is awful

AUTHOR: LaKreesha - ()

I went to Sanford Brown in Landover, MD as well and it was completely awful. During some of my classes I didn't have an instructor. It was the worse school that vibe ever been to. Once I finished I couldn't find a job they sent me on job interviews and gave me the wrong address. I really feel like I should get a refund. I think that all of the Sanford Browns are bad because my cousin went to the Sanford Brown in Ohio and she went through the same craziness that I was going through. This is just ridiculous.

#2 General Comment

Sanford-brown institute Landover scam ripoff crooks

AUTHOR: Nita19 - (United States of America)

Fresh out of high school, and trying to figure out what I wanted to do I called Sanford brown Institute of Landover thinking it would be a good school, I received calls from the school kind of pressing me to come in, the day i came in the recruter made the school sound so good and how grate the class sizes were how the medical feild is in high demand. I wanted to do the ultrasound program, they told me In order to do that program I needed to complete there medical assisting program. They made everything sound so good. Knowing I wanted to move forward with my education I took the placement test and passed. Not knowing it was designed for just that. The same day was accepted. I started the classes and received my scrubs and some of my books

. During the first two weeks of class I was one of a few student who did not receive and text book apparently they did not order enough and I had to share with another classmate of mine. Some classes that I had threw the program were no good at all. then some instructors were unorganized and simply needed to be investigated because they did not know how to teach. Some instructors would even show up late and have the class waiting as well as letting the class leave hours early.I completed the academic part of the program and received all passing grades for all the classes that I took. When it was time for my extership At short notice I was notified I could not attend due to a finacal aid situation. When I asked the lady incharge of placing me on a sight about it she told me I couldn't go because I hade a balance. but if I had a balance why was I able to continue my classes and not go on my externship, i was told if I didn't pay towards the bill I would not be able to go and be dropped from The program.

Days later i let the instructor in charge of my extership know that I will pay something towards the bill so I can continue the program then she hit me with another wammy. Just what i needed another reason why i couldnt continue. she told me i now needed to complete a mock interview in order to go on the extership, witch was the first time of me knowing this i was not notified about it until she told me. Wow this was crazy, so i asked around. A cupple of students that had completed the mock interview told me that the person who was in charge of it that day showed up two hours late and only had time to interview half only half of the class and two people at a time. The last time i heard a interview was only one person at a time. Also what about the students who didn't complete the interview who did go on there externship.

The lady that was incharge was very rude and nasty and told me "well your just messed up all over arent you". Along with a lot of other unprofesonal things and situations. I felt she just wanted me to fail and possibly not wanting to have to go threw the extra work placing me on a externship sight after completing all the courses not to mention the time spent on studying and in classes and money. I felt my time and money was waisted. I tried to talk with the lady about me making up my mock interview so I can go with my class on a externship sight and she told me to come in the next day, go to the front office and ask to make up a mock interview. she didn't even give me any information about making it up no name to a person or instructor or a time to show up. Then she told me she was going on vacation and was not going to be at the school for however long. About that time I would be dropped from the program.

The next day i called up to the school I spoke to a young lady and asked her for the front desk or admissions office and she told me that There was no one there anymore. The lady told me school was getting shut down and was no longer going to be in that location next year in the building I attended it anymore. also that the admissions office was closed down and everyone that had once worked there was no longer working there, even the lady that recruited me and convinced me to join the messed up school and that they were not taking any more students... I really wish I would have done way better research on the school know knowing the reputation it has. I feel like someone stole from me and the studying and showing up to class was in vain. I know I'm not the only one that feels the school Sanford brown its a scam and a they have crooks operating it. I don't want to have to suffer and pay off bills for a school i had no bissness attending when i could use the money to get a real education. These people are crooks. If u consider attending any Sanford brown school be prepared for a dead end to nowhere. Anyone with the same issue with this school Sanford brown please let it be known nothing can be done about this if you don't speekup.