Complaint Review: Sanijet Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, October 16, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, December 11, 2008

• Reported By:Dunnellon Florida
Sanijet Corporation
1461 S BELT LINE RD STE 100 COPPELL, Texas U.S.A.

Sanijet Corporation Sanijet whirlpool tub nightmare Ripoff COPPELL Texas

*Author of original report: Matter Resolved

*Author of original report: THIS MATTER HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED TO OUR SATISFACTION

Found tub while doing web research. Company's claims of engineering and concept superiority may be accurate. I don't know and I may never know since principle alone may prevent me from ever using it.

Our particular tub was defective and clearly 2nd rate:
1) an electrical box was mounted incorrectly so as to prevent the installation of the front skirt frame without reconfiguring the electrical box (I had to pay my GC to move this box since the skirt installation was holding up our tile work)
2) incredibly there is a difference in tub thickness from left side to right side that prevented the skirt frame from being installed without it noticeably sticking out (my GC and another tradesman spent all kinds of time trying to figure out the problem and then were advised by the company to use caulking to build up the edge so that both sides are flush)
3) The skirt color is noticeably different than the tub color
For a tub that costs over $3000 Sanijet should at least have the decency and be responsible enough to:
1) Build the tub so that the skirt fits the tub without modification (why should I have to pay twice because Sanijet didn't build the tub correctly)
2) Build the tub so that you don't have a difference in wall thickness. That is the difference we can see who knows if there are wall thicknesses somewhere else in the tub that are less than capable of supporting the tub's water weight and that it won't leak or break apart once full? This is the way to shim something with caulking?
3) Send out color samples before accepting payment when you are selling something that you know has a color disparity. If salesperson had told me the skirt didn't exactly match the tub I would have insisted upon samples or made a different choice.
Early on Sanijet could have still saved the relationship. They should have offered to yank out this inferior tub, reimburse my plumbing costs and send me a new one OR offer me some type of abatement for the 2nd rate workmanship and the aggravation associated with making this tub possibly usable.
WE had to hold up tile and glass block work while we waited for a resolution to this nightmare. Should have insisted that Sanijet yank out this defective tub and refund my money but Sanijet has me over a barrel since the room was designed around the tub dimensions.

We are $400K into a $500K renovation and I am peeved that a $30K master bath is now going to have a $3200 mismatched tub and skirt as its focal point because of the way Sanijet does things.

On or about the 21st of September my GC was promised that a new skirt (insert) would be made out of tub material. As of today's date that has not arrived. So again I find myself making phone calls to find out where things are. More wasted time.

And as if I haven't had enough Sanijet aggravation all of the manipulation of the skirt frame resulted in damage to one of the tubs corners so now (after more phone calls) I find that the company doesn't have any repair kits.

In hindsight I should have avoided the middle man and simply flushed the $3240 down the toilet. I don't care if I ever see a dime back from this company - but by complaining on this and other I will save other consumers from making the same mistake. I know my GC will never recommend Sanijet and I tell everyone I can about my experience.

Jeff
Dunnellon, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/16/2006 08:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sanijet-Corporation/COPPELL-Texas-75019-4938/Sanijet-Corporation-Sanijet-whirlpool-tub-nightmare-Ripoff-COPPELL-Texas-215989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sanijet Corporation

Matter Resolved

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

Our money has been refunded and this matter resolved to our satisfaction.

THIS MATTER HAS NOW BEEN RESOLVED TO OUR SATISFACTION

AUTHOR: Jeff - (U.S.A.)

The President of Sanijet got involved and we have now received a full refund as well as an additional courtesy amount. This matter is now concluded.