Complaint Review: Santa Cruz Nissan-Dodge-Volkswagon

• Submitted: Tue, March 28, 2000
  • Updated: Tue, March 28, 2000

• Reported By:Santa Cruz CA
Santa Cruz Nissan-Dodge-Volkswagon
1616 Soquel Ave. Santa Cruz,, California U.S.A.

Nissan Peeling Paint

I was so relieved to see your segment on "The Early Show"!!!
I have been so frustrated w/ a problem w/ my 1991 Nissan Truck. My truck is red & paint is peeling on hood & top. My husband has taken it to the dealership(where purchased)2-3 times to try & have the situation remedied, but the head at Santa Cruz Nissan had to talk w. their boss across the hill in Santa Clara & the claim was denied reason given of "beyond warranty". I have less than 60,000 miles on this truck. My husband & I subscribe to Consumer Reports & it showed that paint & exhaust rated the lowest you can get-Non satisfactory(black filled circle). Yes, I was told that it was clear coat on my truck. My truck has always been washed w/ mild soap or just water & a chamois cloth-Never anything toxic. I have always loved my truck but have continually been embarrassed to even drive it. I had researched the net & found several complaints re: Peeling Paint & a lawyer who was going to do a class suit in Chicago. We sent him pictures of the truck, but just found out 2 days ago that because of recent court rulings class action rulings are very difficult to prosecute(we communicate via e-mail-except pictures I sent to his office). PLEASE HELP!!! I don't know where to go now & this morning a God Send appeared w/ you on the Early Morning Show-GOOD For you holding businesses accountable!!!
Thank-you for your time, Alison M. Tracy

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2000 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santa-Cruz-Nissan-Dodge-Volkswagon/Santa-Cruz-California-95060/Nissan-Peeling-Paint-1767. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santa Cruz Nissan-Dodge-Volkswagon