Complaint Review: Santa Lucia Security Company S.a.

• Submitted: Fri, June 03, 2005
  • Updated: Fri, June 03, 2005

• Reported By:south australia Australia
Santa Lucia Security Company S.a.
Avd De San Morales, N 25, Blk 7d, Madrid, Spain, Spain Spain

Santa Lucia Security Company S.a. ripoff wanting bank account details to deposit lottery winnings Madrid, Spain Other

In mid-May 2005 I received notification - supposedly from a woman named Ellen Fernandez, Vice President of International Promotions/Prize Awards Department, Euromillones Loteria International, Spain.

The letter was to inform me (and congratulate me!) that I was a lucky one of 17 international winners in the 3rd category of their Christmas Promotion Lottery. My name was attached to a ticket number, a serial number and drew six lucky numbers which "consequently won the lottery in the 3rd category."

It then went on to request that I keep this award from public notice until my claim was processed and the money remitted to my nominated bank account. I was told that this was because there had been a "... mixed(sic)up of some numbers and names...". My fund had been deposited with a security company -no prizes for guessing the name of that one - and I was then to contact the Foreign Operations Manager, Don John Melo, of the said company for processing and remittance of my prize money to my nominated account. This was part of security protocol to avoid "double claiming ... or unwarranted taking advantage of this program".

How wonderful had I really won the amount I was supposed to have won - 615,810 euros!!! Santa Lucia Security Company SA - because they claim to have entered my name in the lottery - also wanted 5% of the lottery winnings which they stated belongs to them as they are the claims agent. And of course they would like the 5% remitted after funds have been deposited into by nominated bank account!!! They also would have liked numerous personal details, including next of kin.

There was also something very unauthentic looking about the letterhead paper and fuzzy-looking print of the supposed winning ticket.

I'm glad that I checked on the internet and found some others had also been given the opportunity to take the largest ride of their lives. I just sincerely hope that nobody has been taken in by this lot.

Marcia
South Australia
Australia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2005 12:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santa-Lucia-Security-Company-Sa/Madrid-Spain-Spain-cp28006/Santa-Lucia-Security-Company-Sa-ripoff-wanting-bank-account-details-to-deposit-lottery-w-144910. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santa Lucia Security Company S.a.