Complaint Review: Santa Lucia Security Company

• Reported By:Brookeville Maryland
Santa Lucia Security Company
AVD De SAN MORALES, No25, Blk 7D Madrid, Other Spain

Santa Lucia Security Company Attempted scam Madrid

I received a letter from Santa Lucia Security Company of Madrid, Spain, sent August 20, 2004 and which I received on August 27, saying I had won the EL-GORDO DE LA PRIMITIVA LOTTERY PR0GRAM held on the 25th JULY, 2004. They went on to say that there was some kind of mix-up in some numbers and names, so the results were not released the 6th OF AUGUST, 2004.

They said I had won $615,819.00, and included a form to fax back that asked for my bank account number, bank routing number, and bank address. The lottery reference number and batch number are EG/2551256003/01 and 000750013, which others have also reported on this site. My serial nunber, "lucky number", and ticket number were different, but that just shows that someone had enough imagination and programming ability to randomize the numbers a bit on the letters.

I was suspicious already when I saw this thing was from Spain, more so when I saw that I had supposedly won this rather large (!) amount in some lottery I had never heard of. When I saw that they wanted my bank account information, I decided to do a Google search to see what turned up. Right away, I got several hits leading to reports other people had filed on the ripoffreport.com site.

Thanks, everyone (and especially to those folks that set up and maintain this site)! It's nice to be able to pick up information about frauds and scams this quickly.

I wonder where they pulled the list of names and addresses from. From the other reports I've seen, they targeted people throughout the country. I also wonder how many people were a little too gullible and got sucked into this thing.

Elliot
Brookeville, Maryland

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2004 07:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santa-Lucia-Security-Company/Madrid-Other/Santa-Lucia-Security-Company-Attempted-scam-Madrid-105914. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santa Lucia Security Company