Complaint Review: Santa Monica Observer

• Submitted: Thu, December 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, January 01, 2008

• Reported By:Prescott Arizona
Santa Monica Observer
1844 Lincoln Blvd Santa Monica, California U.S.A.

Santa Monica Observer Deceptive advertsing ripoff Santa Monica California

*UPDATE Employee: Santa Monica Observer Newspaper does make refunds to qualifying persons

I have contacted the publisher repeatedly with no response regarding an ad that was supposed to be placed for 4 weeks starting 11/1 through 11/26/06. The publisher David Ganezer was quick to process the funds against my credit card, however has been unresponsive regarding my request to refund for an ad that was never placed. I requested a copy of my ad several times and no response was received.

Upon bringing the fact the ad never ran to his attention, he was to call me back which was never done. I call every week to find out the status of my request and still no communication on the status of my requested refund. Below is his very unprofessional response as of 11/28/06 and as of today no credit has been received. "Got it We will deal with it Please don't call us again
Thank you. David Ganezer, Publisher Santa Monica Observer Newspaper 1844 Lincoln Blvd Santa Monica, CA 90404
Tel: (310) 452-9900 Fax: (310) 581-6685 Editor@smobserver.com"

Debbie
Prescott, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2006 07:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santa-Monica-Observer/Santa-Monica-California-90404/Santa-Monica-Observer-Deceptive-advertsing-ripoff-Santa-Monica-California-225335. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santa Monica Observer

Santa Monica Observer Newspaper does make refunds to qualifying persons

AUTHOR: Sm Observer - (U.S.A.)

The Santa Monica Observer does, as a matter of policy, make refunds to people who's ads are not place, or are placed incorrectly (which rarely happens).

Debbie in Prescott is mistaken about our alleged failure to print her ad. In other words, we did print it, and she wanted a refund anyway.
We do not make refunds simply because people change their minds.