Complaint Review: Santander Consumer Financial

• Updated: Sun, August 21, 2011

• Reported By: Yvonne — Lawrenceville New Jersey USA
Santander Consumer Financial
Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

Santander Consumer Financial a rude, demeaning, attitude, argumentive, condensending, belligerant, surly at 8:15 am Fort Worth, Texas

*Author of original report: Thank You Fellow Consumer

*Author of original report: Guess you never had a financial downfall in your life?

*Consumer Comment: I don't know about NJ but,

*Consumer Comment: Interesting Law

*Consumer Comment: Here's New Phraseology To Blame The Lender!

I have an account for a financed used 2005 Chevy Malibu since Feb 2009. I have been experiencing financial hard times. I am retired and my income has decreased. To top it off I have had to invest money in problems occuring with the vehicle, transmission, tires, brakes, pads, shoes, that happen to occur all at one time.  I fell behind in my payments, but was able to make arranges to deferr. One week later I start receiving harassing calls to pay the note. I made a payment through my bank debit. Santander took two payments leaving my account in an empty balance. The bank investigated it and put a stop on one payment.  Santander continued to call me every day sometimes 5 times per day. Today Latoya Hawkins call me at 8:15 am. I explained my situation and stated that I would make a payment on the first of the month. She continued to harrass me and asked is there anyone you can borrow the money from? I stated to her that asking something like that was not legal in the state of NJ, as it is one of the things that creditors could not do. She responded that she wanted me to read that statement from the book to her. She then threatened me that they will place action because I am 60 days late. (actually 40 days.) She talked over me and her voice was heightened, thus making me upset at 8:15am. I had to keep stating that the payment will be made on the 1st of the month when I get paid. To have to go through the harassment and constant phone calls is just a terrible blasphemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/20/2011 06:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-Financial/Fort-Worth-Texas-76161/Santander-Consumer-Financial-a-rude-demeaning-attitude-argumentive-condensending-bel-767473. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer Financial

AUTHOR: Pinky - (USA)

Thank you for your information. Some people don't understand what a person is going through because evidently they have never gone through it. But then there are people like you who are knowledgeable and understanding. Thank you again!

Guess you never had a financial downfall in your life?

AUTHOR: Pinky - (USA)

You don't even know the cause of the financial downfall. Understandably one should pay their debts on time. Are you living in today's economy? Have you ever had a crisis? Were you ever a victim of violence? I hope you never have a financial crisis in your lifetime. In the interim, there is no reason for a collector to add insult to injury, even so.

I don't know about NJ but,

AUTHOR: Robert - (USA)

in NY State, such harrassment by a creditor is a misdemeanor and may be prosecuted by the State AG or any county DA.

In NY the state law is article 29H of General Business Law (GBL.)

There may be similar laws in NJ and other states.

Interesting Law

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Can you please post the specific law you are talking about it sounds really interesting.

Here's New Phraseology To Blame The Lender!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

What's a "terrible blasphemy" is people who think paying on or before the due date is optional.  Guess what...this will come as a shock...when the payment is due it is DUE.  Paying it on time is NOT optional.  If you don't have the money coming in then you get it coming in like taking on a part time job so that you can be RESPONSIBLE and meet your obligations.

You gave yourself a reputation for not paying on time because you are now needing to use a subprime lender for this loan.  Guess what?  Here you are AGAIN not paying on time.  At what point in your life do you decide to live like a responsible person and do what it takes to pay your bills ON TIME?

You don't like their calls?  Poor baby.  Go out and get a part time job so you can pay on time.

Paying your bills ON TIME is not optional.