Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA - Drive Financial

• Submitted: Tue, April 07, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 08, 2009

• Reported By:West Columbia South Carolina
Santander Consumer USA - Drive Financial
P.O. Box 562088, Suite 900 N Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Santander Consumer USA - Drive Financial They repossessed our Yukon and we have the title Dallas Texas

*Author of original report: The Yukon is back - at the tow truck company's cost

I need to vent. We have an accounting firm and it is April 7th - days away from APril 15th. We have our attention focused on our clients - or should. On Sunday morning we received a phone message from a tow truck company saying they took our vehicle. We looked out the window and said "Well, I'll be".

We contacted the company (uses a pseudo name - wonder why?) and wa told Drive Financial authorized the tow. We were astonished and explained it was a hufe mistake and the vehicle must be returned or we would report it stolen. He acted anxious and cooperative. We knew we would get it straightened out. So we waited for Monday to simply clear this up.

Today is Tuesday - we have an attorney involved. My word - these people are rude - hanging up - putting us on hold - irresponsible. Too many adjectives, not enough time!

Diane anonymous
West Columbia, South Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/07/2009 06:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA-Drive-Financial/Dallas-Texas-75247/Santander-Consumer-USA-Drive-Financial-They-repossessed-our-Yukon-and-we-have-the-title-441687. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA - Drive Financial

The Yukon is back - at the tow truck company's cost

AUTHOR: Diane anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I told you Drive Financial had a tow truck company come pick up our Yukon. I told you we had the title. I told you we have a lawyer.
Today Drive Financial told my husband they were releasing the car and they would be paying the costs of the towing - then the person hung up on him.

He called the tow truck driver and the driver said he would contact his contact (have my people call your people). The tow truck man and his contact both called back saying we could go get our vehicle - "go get?" - How??? It ends up that the tow truck driver was rather trapped - facing a law suit or arrest from us he returned our vehicle and he will eat the round trip towing cost.
That's the latest update to the very best of my knowledge.
Diane