Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services

• Submitted: Tue, December 08, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, December 10, 2009

• Reported By: Josh — Thornton Colorado United States of America
Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services
8585 N Stemmons FWY STE Dallas, Texas United States of America

Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services Triad finanancial Put in credit bureau for an account already paid off and closed. Dallas , Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Try

Santander Cosumer USA put me in the credit bureau for $7, 549 on Dec. 1, 2009. I contacted them and they said i don't owe that amount but i owe them for $507 for a bounced check in june 2005. At the time the company was triad financial when i paid them and there is no evidence of a bounced check. So now im in the credit bureau for $7, 549 and it is really affecting my credit score. i talked to triad before the sale to santander went through to get the debt settled that i found on my report with them. its a joint account with my dad and he paid triad in 2005 of $481.00. they said i owed and they checked the records and it was reported as paid in their system. the lady on the phone said everything was good and i don't owe anything and that it was paid. it was reported to the credit bureau and changed.  On my credit report my triad account is reported as current closed. santander states it's open. i don't understand how 4 and a half years later i owe them 7 thousand plus. my car was wrecked in feb. 2005. it was considered a total loss and it was paid in full because i had purchased the GAP insurance. im trying to get this resolved but the CSR Shannon for santander blew me off and told me to call tomorrow and somone else can help me. she seemed at a loss for words when i told her i had my credit report in front of me then put me on hold for an extended amount of time and got back on and said she couldn't help me. i have been trying to rebuild my credit and do all the right things and out of nowhere this company shows up on my credit report that i have never heard of till now and a debt i never knew i had, when i have the proof of it being paid.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/08/2009 10:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA-Formerly-Known-As-Drive-Financial-Services/Dallas-Texas-75247/Santander-Consumer-USA-Formerly-Known-As-Drive-Financial-Services-Triad-finanancial-Put-536256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA, Formerly Known As Drive Financial Services

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Try

AUTHOR: Been there done that - (U.S.A.)

Filing a dispute with the credit bureau(s) specifically. It sounds like you have 1 credit report they could have also reported to other 2 credit bureaus as well it would be in your best interest to pull all of them to make sure. If the report you have is correct and shows PIF or SIF with Triad then use that as your leverage in your dispute.

Curious, since this is a joint account with your dad what does his report show? It SHOULD show the same as yours.

Good luck.