Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, March 05, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: BlackBelt — Houston Texas United States of America
Santander Consumer USA Inc.
1010 W. Mockingbird Ln, Ste 100 Dallas, Texas United States of America

Santander Consumer USA Inc. Payoff balance error? Dallas, Texas

On or around February 16, 2012 I contacted Santander's customer help line to determine the payoff balance for my auto loan as of February 29, 2012.  When I received the amount from the automated system, I was surprised that the amount was higher than expected.  So, I used the option to speak with an account representative.  The account representative confirmed the payoff amount.

On February 24, 2012 I paid the balance due as quoted by Santander's system and by their account representative.  On February 27, 2012, Santander sent me a letter saying I owed an additional amount.

When this loan was owned by CitiFinancial I was able to use an amortization table and tie, to the penny, with my CitiFinancial statements.  Since the loan was purchased by Santander, I was never able to tie between the amortization table and the Santander statements. I was never able to get a satisfactory answer for the differences, since the majority of the account representatives are not accountants.  In addition, I notice several payments that were applied to my account 1 - 2 days after the payment was electronically withdrawn from my bank account.

I am now putting up a fight on the additional amount Santander says I owe.  While the amount is small and I would probably save the heartache by paying it, I am REALLY tired of Santander billing and payment application errors.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 06:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA-Inc/Dallas-Texas-77095/Santander-Consumer-USA-Inc-Payoff-balance-error-Dallas-Texas-849187. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA Inc.

distinguished