Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA

• Reported By: Dannlee — Salem Oregon USA
Santander Consumer USA
P. O. box 961245 Fort Worth, Texas United States of America

Santander Consumer USA Lied about sending payment coupon Fort Worth, Texas

GEMB sold my account to Santander Consumer in April of this year (2011) They send me a letter dated 4/8/2011 and I received it 4/12/2011.  They indicated they would be sending me a payment coupon to use when I made my payment, which is due 5/7/2011.  As of this date, 5/3/2011, I have not received this payment coupon.  Wrote 2 e-mails, no reply, called  and talked to their so called consumer service and really got the strangest answers.  She said they always send out the first payment coupon late. HUH!! does that make any sense? Also told me to send in the check with the account number noted on the check, which I did.  I mailed it, at the P. O., 4/30, and they told me it would be there in 3-4 days at the most.  I am now waiting to see if they are going to tell me they received it late.  They do say you can pay via bank transfer or Western Union.  These both have fees.  I refuse to make a payment and have to pay a fee.
When I sent my check in I also sent a letter describing what had taken place with me trying to get a payment coupon and also sent a copy of the original letter from them letting me know I was to pay them.  I did check with GEMB and they said this was all correct.
Also wrote GEMB and told them what kind of a company they were deling with.  I am sure that did a lot of good.
I also tried their on line chat and after writing a long explanation, I got a "session terminated".
What an outfit.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2011 09:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA/Fort-Worth-Texas-76161/Santander-Consumer-USA-Lied-about-sending-payment-coupon-Fort-Worth-Texas-724979. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA