Complaint Review: Santander Consumer USA

• Updated: Sat, September 17, 2011

• Reported By: Littlemoon — Peoria Arizona United States of America
Santander Consumer USA
P.O. Box 961245, Fort Worth, TX 76161-1245 Internet United States of America

Santander Consumer USA Drive Financial Services RIP OFF COMPANY USING CAB COMPANIES TO TRACK YOUR VEHICLE Internet, Internet

*Consumer Comment: I don't see why Santander can't use any legal means at their disposal to locate your car.

*Consumer Comment: How Sorry Does It Get!

Santander Consumer needs to be put out of business. They are the worst and most of us that are with them, it was not by choice as HSBC sold our contracts without our knowledge or allowing us to find someone else. I was laid-off and tried to work out payment arrangements with them on my auto loan. They lied to get more money out of me and then told me they would not do anything on lowering my payments. My car is over 6 years old, has 90,000 miles on it and about $3,000 in damage. They have been relentless trying to get this car that might bring them $3,000 on an repo auction. They are using Discount Cab to look and track me in my neighborhood when I am out and they also have plain cars following me every day. They find me way too quickly so I am taking my car in to look for a GPS tracker that they must have put on when I was parked in a lot somewhere and they could not get a tow truck out fast enough to take the car. This is illegal and my car is too old to have any manufacturer installed tracking on it, I already called the manufacturer. If I can find out what rights I have as they are around my neighborhood constantly. With the economy the way it is, anyone is happy to look for me in the hopes that they will get a few hundred dollars if they get my car.

This has been going on for over 6 months. They should just file a judgement and be done with it. They have inflated my loan with fees for everything all the tow truck attempts at houses, mine, other people that no longer have any association with me. They find names online as my family. They called my ex-husband, we were divorced in 1992, and harrassed him the other day. Threatening to put his cell phone number out to everyone. He is contacting a lawyer about this. He has nothing to do with and they are way out of line. If anyone knows what rights I have and about the illegal GPS that I will most likely find when I get my car on a hoist, I sure would like some information. Thank you.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2011 07:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA/internet/Santander-Consumer-USA-Drive-Financial-Services-RIP-OFF-COMPANY-USING-CAB-COMPANIES-TO-TRA-777884. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA

AUTHOR: Ken - (USA)

You are obviously trying to avoid paying them OR giving up the car.  Why would you think there's an "illegal GPS" under your car?  Just a little note, the car belongs to the lender until it's paid for....you seem to have forgotten this.

Sorry for your troubles, but you're blaming a company trying to get the money it's owed.

How Sorry Does It Get!

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You bet they are going to come after you because you aren't making your payments like you said you would! You just keep living up to your established reputation of not paying your bills on time. When the collections efforts start, the poor baby says its their fault. Why not pay on time and you'll never need to worry about a repo? How damned difficult is that to understand? Quite obviously another sorry welfare type crying and whining because the poor baby is entitled to a car. By the way...I don't work for them!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC