dressed

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: GirlySue — California United States of America
Santander Consumer USA

Santander Consumer USA Road Loans Liars, Thieves, Cheats, Harassment, Call from several numbers, Dont Do it!, Ghetto Rude Customer Service Internet

*Consumer Comment: Hilarious.

*Consumer Comment: Go ahead

What ever you do never sign up with Santander Consumer USA. It will be the worst mistake of your life if you must finance a vehicle. First of all, let me say that I finally decided to say F$%# it and just let them take the car back.  I like many had lost my job and had recently begun to fall behind, but never more than a few days, at first.

But when I realized that Santander calls you up to five times a day whether you are a day late or 30 days I gave up trying to make arrangements with them or anything else after awhile. No car was worth the hassle and harassment I recieved. Five and six calls per day from various numbers along with rude messages clogging up my voicemail.

But it gets better. Before I gave the car back I contacted BBB wrote a long letter about their tactics and eventually got them to stop calling me. So just to share, you can definitely get them to stop harassing you.  And even though I finally got them to stop the calls, the whole experience left such a terrible taste in my mouth I was done.

Long story short, I ended up getting into a wreck in the car.  Since they could no longer contact me and after months of not paying for the car, I called to tell them exactly where they could pick it up and to leave me the F alone for good. No letters included.

Since everyone has bad credit these days you still can get another car. Of course there are other "high risk" companies but people I know who deal with these companies themselves because of their poor credit rating still hadn't experienced what I did.

I ended up getting something else and it was WELL worth it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 05:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-Consumer-USA/internet/Santander-Consumer-USA-Road-Loans-Liars-Thieves-Cheats-Harassment-Call-from-several-nu-856495. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander Consumer USA

Hilarious.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

The OP's post reads like she thinks that she's heard the last of Santander.   Let's run this down.  High interest loan.   Payments not made.  Collateral wrecked.   What are the chances that there is not a big outstanding balance on this loan?  Pretty slim.

Santander may hand this over to a collection shark or may follow up themselves, but I'm confident that the OP has not heard the last of this.

My guess is that she must have obtained the loan on the new car before this fiasco hit her credit report.   Either way, I think she'll get a rude awakening from her new subprime lender the first time she's late.  They all deal with the same type of customers and use similar tactics to get them to be responsible and pay when they promised to pay.

Go ahead

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Go ahead and continue to think that, and you will be one who is sure to continue to have bad credit.  But for your information more than 50% have a FICO score of 700 or higher, and only about 15% have a FICO score below 600.

You were not being harassed..you were being called because they had allowed you to borrow several thousand dollars of their money to buy a car.  Since you were not making the payments you made a legal agreement to do, of course they are going to call to get it.

You can "think" that other sub-prime lenders wouldn't treat you the same way, and you may be right.  There are MANY that would treat you worse.  Many would have continued to call you, others would have repossessed the car after only being a few days late.

You didn't mention anything about the "accident".  But just because the car was in an accident does not mean that you are all of the sudden free of the loan..you STILL must pay off the loan.  So if you were not at fault and the other party paid your car off..you got very lucky.  If you were at fault and there is still money owed they may eventually come after you for the difference.  And yes regardless of how invincible you think you are..you may very soon get a huge dose of reality through the courts when you are sued.