Complaint Review: Santander USA / Drive Financial

PO Box 660633 Dallas, Texas United States of America
  • Phone: 1-888-222-4227
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Santander USA / Drive Financial Dishonest, deceptive, poor business practices Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Comment: They are heartless

Our auto loan was sold to Santander a few months ago. About a month and a half ago, my wife had surgery.

We called Santander approx. 15 days before our payment was due, and asked them if we could "defer" our upcoming payment due to loss of income, during my wife's recovery from surgery.

They told us sure, they could do it one time throughout the life of the loan. We were told to call back on the day the payment was due.

We called on the due date, and were told there wasn't anything they could due at that time, and we would have to wait until our payment was "late"

We called back a few days later, and were told they can't help us, we would have to make the payment. We explained to them what we were told, and they said "we don't do that"

When we asked to speak to a Supervisor, they hung up on us. We called back again, and were told to Make The Payment!! We asked again to speak with a Supervisor, and they said no.

I called again. This time I was told to Make The Payment! again. I asked what could we do to work through this, and they told us to
Borrow the money from someone!!! I've never been treated so poorly ever.......

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 04:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Santander-USA-Drive-Financial/Dallas-Texas-75266/Santander-USA-Drive-Financial-Dishonest-deceptive-poor-business-practices-Dallas-Tex-621221. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Santander USA / Drive Financial

They are heartless

AUTHOR: Reyna - (U.S.A.)

This is the worst company I have ever done business with, my loan was also sold to these scumbags by HSBC, which was a great company.  I have trying for 5 months now to get a defferment, back in February I had to move to another city for my job, after taking a paycut just to be able to keep the job, and then the transmission went out.  I also called ahead of time to tell them what was going on and was told that I would be able to get and extension just call back on the date the payment was due.  I did and was told that I did not qualify yet for an extension.  These business runs on lies, they need to be investigated and put out of business.  I hear that a class action suit is being started against them, I am trying to find out how to get into it.