Complaint Review: Sarah Conyers

• Updated: Thu, May 15, 2014

• Reported By: April — Boonville Indiana
Sarah Conyers
2900 Newtown Pike Lexington, Kentucky USA

Sarah Conyers Mint Springs Training Center Don't Trust this Horse Trainer-BEWARE Lexington Kentucky

I hired this horse trainer to train my 4 year old appendix horse and paid her $850 per month for almost six months. She claimed she was providing full training for my mare and that the horse was coming along well but just slowly. I did not live nearby and was unable to go check the progress, but she was supposedly a good trainer. She did not report any major problems until after 5 months I texted her and told her that I wanted to come see the horse's progress. She put me off for almost three weeks claiming she had other things come up.

In the last week before I was to go see her ride the horse, suddenly the horse had all kinds of problems, such as the horse is running back wards and rearing etc.. Then it came out that she had been using tranquilizers on the horse to ride it which was never cleared with me. I had a friend pick up the horse and she came back  to me with her feet in horrible shape and an obvious abscess in the right front hoof that had occured some 3 months prior but she never told me about this and shoes that were way too small and the hoofs were cracked and so grown out that the horse did not have a heel or proper angle. Sarah had been charging me $250 per month for shoeing and I had been paying for this as well!

I also paid for chiropractic treatment and ulcer guard at Sarah's request and I have not been able to obtain any information on who did the shoeing or chiropractic treatment as she will not respond to letters or calls. The horse couldn't even be ridden, when you put a saddle on her she crow hopped and it was obvious the trainer had not been riding her at all. We have had to start all over long lining and working on building the horse's trust and confidence which Sarah destroyed. Do not trust this horse trainer! I am months down the road and thousands of dollars down and the horse is in worse condition than when I sent her. This trainer will take your money; do nothing positive with your horse and then refuse to respond or return any money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/15/2014 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sarah-Conyers/Lexington-Kentucky-40371/Sarah-Conyers-Mint-Springs-Training-Center-Dont-Trust-this-Horse-Trainer-BEWARE-Lexingto-1146926. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sarah Conyers