On October 30, 2008 I purchased a 1922 Mason & Hamlin Model A Grand Piano, Serial Number: 30179. I was told that the piano still had some work left to be done and that I would receive the piano within 3-4 weeks. On the same day I wired Mike Prisco the payment for the piano he said that he would work to arrange shipment through Keyboard Carriage and would get back to me with a ship date. I never heard back from Mike so I began trying to contact him the week of November 2. When I got a hold of him he said he was in the middle of downsizing and moving his facility and that he would complete the work on the piano the following week (the week of November 9th) and arrange for shipment after that, so that I could expect the piano to arrive the first week in December. I waited until November 13 or 14th without hearing anything from Mike and then I tried contacting him again. I finally got a hold of Mike on Monday, November 17th and he told me he still needed to put the bass strings on the piano and that he would be calling Keyboard Carriage the next day (Tuesday) to arrange shipment. He said he would call me on Tuesday with a ship date, and of course I never heard back from him on Tuesday. So, I began calling again on Wednesday and when I got a hold of Mike he said he was in the middle of working on a very important deal and asked if he could call me back. I agreed but never heard back from him. So, I call again later in the evening on Wednesday until "Jay" the "shop forman" answered and said Mike had a family emergency and would be unavailable for a few days. Jay got a little short with me when I began making inquiries regarding the pianos delivery. Now all of a sudden all the metal parts had all been sent back to Mason and Hamlin for replating and to shorten a very lengthy conversation, there was much more work that needed to be done on the piano than what Mike said needed to be done in our pervious conversation. Very frustrated, I asked Jay if I would receive the piano before Christmas and he said yes. I asked him to have Mike call me when he became available and as per usual I never heard from Mike.
On Wednesday, November 26th, I began trying to contact Mike again. This time when he answered the phone he said, "I'm in the middle of something very important. Not that your stuff isn't important, but I need to call you back." I was irritated, but agreed. And again, he never called me back. So, later that evening I decided to try him again. It took calling two different numbers, but I finally got Mike on the phone and he rudely told me that he was aware that I was trying to get a hold of him and that he did not want to have a conversation with me on the eve of a holiday. I told him that I had paid him in full a month ago for a piano I had not received a ship date for and that I thought the least he could do was take three minutes to give me the information I wanted. Without going in to a great deal of detail, Mike was incredibly rude and took every opportunity to throw out jabs and insults because I was bothering him and the payment that I had sent him was minuscule compared to the millions he was worth. He basically told me that I just needed to be patient and that he was not obligated to keep me informed on what was taking place with my piano because "he didn't work that way." I told him that maybe he should refund my money and when he had a completed piano that I would send him his payment. Again, he said he didn't work that way. Long story short Mike told me to call him the following Wednesday, December 3rd. I called today, December 3, and Mike didn't answer his phone and his voicemail was not accepting messages. This evening we noticed his website is no longer on the internet. Given the circumstances, we have contacted our attorney and will be taking the necessary steps to recover our losses.