Complaint Review: Saratoga Pianos, Magdalenas House Of Pianos, Mike Prisco

• Submitted: Wed, December 03, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, February 09, 2011

• Reported By:Layton Utah
Saratoga Pianos, Magdalenas House Of Pianos, Mike Prisco
1433 Route 9 Fort Edward, New York U.S.A.

Saratoga Pianos, Magdalenas House Of Pianos, Mike Prisco paid for piano I have not received and Mike will not take my calls Fort Edward, New York

*Consumer Comment: SARATOGA MYSTIQUE PIANO / CO-OWNERS MICHAEL AND MAGDALENA "MAGGIE" PRISCO

*Author of original report: Piano Shipped!! Thanks Mike

*Author of original report: UPDATE 12/7/08

On October 30, 2008 I purchased a 1922 Mason & Hamlin Model A Grand Piano, Serial Number: 30179. I was told that the piano still had some work left to be done and that I would receive the piano within 3-4 weeks. On the same day I wired Mike Prisco the payment for the piano he said that he would work to arrange shipment through Keyboard Carriage and would get back to me with a ship date. I never heard back from Mike so I began trying to contact him the week of November 2. When I got a hold of him he said he was in the middle of downsizing and moving his facility and that he would complete the work on the piano the following week (the week of November 9th) and arrange for shipment after that, so that I could expect the piano to arrive the first week in December. I waited until November 13 or 14th without hearing anything from Mike and then I tried contacting him again. I finally got a hold of Mike on Monday, November 17th and he told me he still needed to put the bass strings on the piano and that he would be calling Keyboard Carriage the next day (Tuesday) to arrange shipment. He said he would call me on Tuesday with a ship date, and of course I never heard back from him on Tuesday. So, I began calling again on Wednesday and when I got a hold of Mike he said he was in the middle of working on a very important deal and asked if he could call me back. I agreed but never heard back from him. So, I call again later in the evening on Wednesday until "Jay" the "shop forman" answered and said Mike had a family emergency and would be unavailable for a few days. Jay got a little short with me when I began making inquiries regarding the pianos delivery. Now all of a sudden all the metal parts had all been sent back to Mason and Hamlin for replating and to shorten a very lengthy conversation, there was much more work that needed to be done on the piano than what Mike said needed to be done in our pervious conversation. Very frustrated, I asked Jay if I would receive the piano before Christmas and he said yes. I asked him to have Mike call me when he became available and as per usual I never heard from Mike.

On Wednesday, November 26th, I began trying to contact Mike again. This time when he answered the phone he said, "I'm in the middle of something very important. Not that your stuff isn't important, but I need to call you back." I was irritated, but agreed. And again, he never called me back. So, later that evening I decided to try him again. It took calling two different numbers, but I finally got Mike on the phone and he rudely told me that he was aware that I was trying to get a hold of him and that he did not want to have a conversation with me on the eve of a holiday. I told him that I had paid him in full a month ago for a piano I had not received a ship date for and that I thought the least he could do was take three minutes to give me the information I wanted. Without going in to a great deal of detail, Mike was incredibly rude and took every opportunity to throw out jabs and insults because I was bothering him and the payment that I had sent him was minuscule compared to the millions he was worth. He basically told me that I just needed to be patient and that he was not obligated to keep me informed on what was taking place with my piano because "he didn't work that way." I told him that maybe he should refund my money and when he had a completed piano that I would send him his payment. Again, he said he didn't work that way. Long story short Mike told me to call him the following Wednesday, December 3rd. I called today, December 3, and Mike didn't answer his phone and his voicemail was not accepting messages. This evening we noticed his website is no longer on the internet. Given the circumstances, we have contacted our attorney and will be taking the necessary steps to recover our losses.

S. black
Layton, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2008 11:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saratoga-Pianos-Magdalenas-House-Of-Pianos-Mike-Prisco/Fort-Edward-New-York-12828/Saratoga-Pianos-Magdalenas-House-Of-Pianos-Mike-Prisco-paid-for-piano-I-have-not-receive-397679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saratoga Pianos, Magdalenas House Of Pianos, Mike Prisco

SARATOGA MYSTIQUE PIANO / CO-OWNERS MICHAEL AND MAGDALENA "MAGGIE" PRISCO

AUTHOR: DeanP - (United States of America)

GOOGLE: "prisco Homeowners Beware" FOR CBS NEWS INVESTIGATION ON MICHAEL PRISCO (CONSTRUCTION WORKER ... NOW CLAIMING TO BE A “MASTER PIANO REBUILDER" AND CO-OWNER WITH WIFE MAGDALENA "MAGGIE" PRISCO OF SARATOGA MYSTIQUE PIANO (FORMERLY SARATOGA AND MAGDALENA HOUSE OF PIANOS). Contact your local police department and the Better Business Bureau for further information.  Can also contact the FBI for wire transfers of $10,000 or more.  I live in the Albany, N.Y area so I am well aware of this. Thank You. FOR CONSUMER REVIEWS: GOOGLE: “Michael Prisco piano” or www.ripoffreport.com or www.complaintsboard.com MICHAEL PRISCO AS POSTED IN HIS OWN WORDS:http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:ogm4C76iFx0J:www.musicinstrumentshops.com/in/gansevoort-ny+hobby+michael+prisco+piano+for+my+wife&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&source=www.google.com"Five years ago we got began as a hobby collecting and restoring pianos for our own private collection. I purchased a piano for my wife and paid a piano rebuilder locally to rebuild it so long as I could aid. I am Michael D. Prisco and as a musician of three decades playing five instruments including voice, I know what a nice instrument sounds like."Saratoga Mystique Piano2 Wallingford Crt, Ganesvoort, New York 12831

Piano Shipped!! Thanks Mike

AUTHOR: S. black - (U.S.A.)

Everything is resolved and we are very satisfied. Our Piano is on the truck and currently being shipped. We expect delivery by the end of April. We are very excited to receive our piano and would recommend Mr. Prisco to anyone. Keep in mind that rebuilding a classic piano takes time. It is not like purchasing a piano from the local store and having it delivered the next day. There is a tremendous amount of work and skill in fully restoring a piano. Mr. Prisco's work and talent speaks for itself and I would encourage you to visit his web site and see for yourself. www.saratogapianos.com. Thanks to Mike for all his efforts.

UPDATE 12/7/08

AUTHOR: S. black - (U.S.A.)

Website was up an running the very next morning and without prior knowledge of this complaint, Mike Prisco sent us an e-mail saying he was working hard to get the piano done by Christmas. We are cautiously optomistic and will probably wait a few weeks before pursuing legal action.