Complaint Review: Sareen & Associates Tax Service

• Submitted: Fri, April 05, 2002
  • Updated: Sun, November 04, 2012

• Reported By:
Sareen & Associates Tax Service
10702 Vandor Lane Manssas, Virginia U.S.A.

*Consumer Comment: Free service

*UPDATE Employee: You are right - Earl Yancey proved to be an embarrasment to Sareen and Associates and we had to go to Court to finally get rid of him.

*UPDATE Employee: Wow

There was an ad in the mail where you could go to this tax service company and get a free tax consultation, if you are a new customer. I went there because wanted to ask the tax professional(his name was Earl Yancey) advice about whether I was preparing my taxes properly and what to do for future tax preparations. My goal was to avoid owing federal taxes this year as well as owing taxes for next year.

First of all, he really didn't give me a straight answer about what I should do, then he when I tried to show him what I did with my taxes he kept saying the only way he could help would be to actually do the taxes. So I just decided to let him prepare the tax form for me. Well, the first return calculation he got had me owing the Federal government more money than what I calculated on my own.

This is when I had him go over in detail how he got that amount and then he realized he didn't add one of my Forms information onto the form. To make a long story short don't go to this place and expect to get anything free. Also, watch carefully what the people are putting on your forms because there is always human error.

K
Fairfax, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/05/2002 04:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sareen-Associates-Tax-Service/Manssas-Virginia-20109/Sareen-Associates-Tax-Service-ripoff-dischonest-about-free-tax-consultation-and-cost-dir-18263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sareen & Associates Tax Service

Free service

AUTHOR: Frank from Ashburn - (United States of America)

This is another example of a person looking for free service. If you expect to not pay for services rendered, do it entirely on your own. A free consultation does NOT include a free amended tax return.

AUTHOR: Paula - (U.S.A.)

Mr. Earl Yancey that worked with you on your tax issues eventually proved to be an embarrassment for the company of Sareen & Associates. We have paid dearly for our association with him and finally had to take legal action to get rid of him. We have instituted a stronger screening process for hiring new personnel and have hopes that this will aid us in only providing our customers with well-trained, efficient and honest employees.

Wow

AUTHOR: Mo - (U.S.A.)

Some people on this site may have a significant problem. Some people are taken out by dishonest businesses and have lost a great deal of money. Now I'm not doubting that "K" came in expecting to leave with free advice, that he ended up paying for services,or even that the accountant made a mistake.

I do question whether "Sareen & Associates Tax Service ripoff dischonest about free tax consultation and cost dirty SOB's mistreated and ripped off victimized many consumers ripped off and scammed Manssas Virginia" is a proper description for an accountant making a mistake on a tax form.

I apologize for the suffering "K" has had to endure, but I think this site could be used in a slightly more productive way. Does "K" plan to file a lawsuit against Sareen & Associates for making a small mistake on his tax form? Is he requesting grievances?

I believe that this entry on the website is really doing more harm than good, but I realize that you are trying to make a point: that you can post whatever you want because its your right to do so. Well I hope you consider the severity of the "rip-off" in determining whether the heading "Sareen & Associates Tax Service ripoff dischonest about free tax consultation and cost dirty SOB's mistreated and ripped off victimized many consumers ripped off and scammed Manssas Virginia" is appropriate.