Complaint Review: Sassafras Rooms

• Reported By: Scott — Illinois United States of America
Sassafras Rooms

Sassafras Rooms Scams you when all you are thinking about is your baby Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Apologies and Explanation

Sassafras Rooms wants your credit card information! They claim to make beautiful hand painted items for your baby's nursery. They hope you will like the pictures on their website, their pinterest, and their facebook page. Unfortunately, they sell you a product that they will never deliver on.

When I ordered from them over 7 weeks ago, they claimed to be able to have my order to me within 3-5 weeks. I ordered canvas tiles that would have my baby's name on them and that matched my bedding...Perfect!! When I hadn't heard anything from them for several weeks I emailed them to find out what was going on...no response. Several days later I emailed them again...no response. I kept going to their website to find some sort of information that might tell me how much longer it might be. I even gave them my phone number so that they could call me and we could figure this out - no luck.

Now, when you go to their website, which seems to be the only way to communicate with them, they magically claim that they are closed and that they will be returning Fall 2012. I just keep waiting for mysterious charges to appear on my credit card.

Do not trust this company. They know that you may be tempted to buy beautiful things from them because its for your baby. Don't let them get your information!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/06/2012 08:22 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sassafras-Rooms/internet/Sassafras-Rooms-Scams-you-when-all-you-are-thinking-about-is-your-baby-Internet-864736. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sassafras Rooms

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Apologies and Explanation

AUTHOR: Sassafras Rooms - (United States of America)

We would like to apologize to this submitter, as well as everyone who may have experienced this on our site. Sassafras Rooms is simply a mother and daughter creating art for childrens rooms, and not a large company, with hundreds of employees. Nor are we too technically savvy! When we moved to a new home, and then took a brief vacation, we had shut down our shopping cart and put up the notice that we were on Summer break. However, we apparently didnt do it correctly, and people were able to place orders.

It is our store policy to not charge your card until we start working on your order.  You will never receive any other charges from Sassafrass Rooms on your card aside from the amount on the order you placed.

We are doing our best to satisfy everyone who placed an order during the period when we were on vacation. If you feel you are part of that group, please contact us at customer care at sassafrassrooms .com (Remove the spaces, and change the at to @). We *will* respond promptly.