Complaint Review: Satellite Direct

Satellite Direct
Internet USA

Satellite Direct Bait and Swith Internet

*Consumer Comment: Same issue but I have the same pc

*Author of original report: That doesn't make it right

*Consumer Comment: The "life time"

I purchased a guaranteed lifetime signup for their tv software. When my laptop died, they refused to send me a registration code even though I'd been using the software for years.

Instead, I was sent this:

The support for this product was provided to you for 1 Year. For resetting of the account or new installation on any device would require you to purchase a support pack.

Please try our new Premium version which costs $19.95 Every 3 Months (90 Days). This is for limited period only.

They change the rules and support to fit whatever they want, not what they promised when I signed up. Very dishonest

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 02:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Satellite-Direct/internet/Satellite-Direct-Bait-and-Swith-Internet-1140868. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Satellite Direct

Same issue but I have the same pc

AUTHOR: Karen - ()

i have the exact same issue. I bought this product in 2012. After 1 year the product stopped working. After another 8 months of trying to contact them they fixed my connetion. Now just yesterday I went to turn it on and I got an error saying that I couldn't instal the product into another device. But it is the same computer. Again after contacting customer servcie they told me that I need to purchase a new liscense even though I had bough a lifetime subscritpion.

That doesn't make it right

AUTHOR: roxx33 - ()

I'm fine with the phrase "for the lifetime of the device," had it been included anywhere in the information I was given. It was only "Free lifetime channels, and no monthly fee." Neither is true.

The "life time"

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

You will have to be careful whenever a seller told you about "life time" guarantee. It is the "life time" of the device you attached to, not YOUR life time. The same meaning applies to cellphones or appliances as well. That's just the way they play with legal wording...