dedication

• Submitted: Wed, September 19, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, September 25, 2012

• Reported By: Joel — Addison Texas United States of America
Satellite Direct

Satellite Direct No refund, product did not work, no response from company, total scam, Internet

*Author of original report: Money Refunded!

The SatelliteDirect software promises access to satellite channels via your computer for $50. A 60-day money back guarantee is promised on the front page of their website. As the old saying goes, if it sounds to good to be true, it's not.

Fake reviews, contrived user experience videos, even a fictitious online magazine called, "Interactive Media Magazine" have been set up across the web with carefully crafted, black-hat Search Engine Optimization techniques to fool potential buyers. This is one of the tragedies of Satellite Direct, they are actually very good at lubricating the Internet with social media strategies, online forums, and other powerful and innovative marketing techniques. Why not make an honest living out of this knowledge instead of using it to promote a fraudulent company?

After buying into the false hype, I purchased their software. [continued below]....
..... To my surprise, the product never installed properly. I began hunting for a phone number on SatelliteDirect's website and my worries began when I did not find one. Eventually, after trying to contact the company via Email, I received an automated message with troubleshooting tips. I don't suspect I will get my money back from SatelliteDirect anytime soon, although my bank has graciously offered to cancel this transaction on my behalf. Hooray for the security of credit cards, boo for awful companies like SatelliteDirect.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2012 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Satellite-Direct/internet/Satellite-Direct-No-refund-product-did-not-work-no-response-from-company-total-scam-I-943503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Satellite Direct

Money Refunded!

AUTHOR: JoelMertz - (United States of America)

Although it took nearly three weeks to get my money back from the time I first talked to a SatelliteDirect representativedue to, "high Email volume"SatelliteDirect has refunded my money. After I sent them a link to my RipOff report, I got the refund the next day! I wanted to set the record straight and let people know that in the end, SatelliteDirect did the right thing.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC