- Report: #214662
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Satellitesales.com, The Elephant Group, E-Club.com, Elephant Wireless, Inc.
Satellitesales.com, The Elephant Group, E-Club.com, Elephant Wireless, Inc.901 Hadley Road, South Plainfield, NJ 07080 South Plainfield, New Jersey U.S.A.
Satellitesales.com aka The Elephant Group And/or E-Club ripoff dishonest fraudulent credit card charges South Plainfield New Jersey
*Consumer Suggestion: Report to Govt Agencies
*Consumer Comment: I was Scammed too
*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Encouraged
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
The Elephant Group is the parent company of satellitesales.com and E-Club.com and few other companies, some of which happen to be reported on this site also!. I listed the child companies and officers of the Elepant Group below. I found out about this rip-off when I was going through my credit card statement three months after I got the service, that's when I observed that a charge of $19.23 was posted to my account by E-Club. When I researched who was E-Club, I found out that they are related to satellitesales.com. I also found the many other rip-off reports captured at this site describing the same problem I had with satellitesales.com.
I later found out that another credit card charge of $19.05 was posted to my account three month earlier. I was never told about this additional service and I never authorized it. If I did not notice the credit card charge in my statement, it would have gone unnoticed for a long time. Just imagine the number of people affected by this and don't audit there statements carefully.
Here is the list of things which went wrong when dealing with satellitesales.com.
1. When I request the satellite service, the agent I spoke to confirmed that I will be receiving the promotions described in their mailed ad. and that I will be receiving the Satellite programming packages I requested. He scheduled an installation appointment for me. I specifically asked whether the programming packages I am requesting require an additional satellite dish, I was assured that the one dish which comes with the basic system is all I need. I found out later from Dish Network, that I need to pay another $99 for an additional dish. During the call, the agent was only interested in closing the sale and ending the call as soon as possible, I got the feeling that he was just throwing answers at me without checking, so he can move on to the next caller and make another comission.
2. I called later that day and asked to include HD service with my order, satellitesales.com told me that the order was modified and will include the HD required equipments on the installation date.
3. The installation day came and went and no one showed up, I called dish network to follow up, they told me that I never had the appointment scheduled on that day, but in another week.
4. Finally, when the Dish Network installation folks showed up, they did not have the correct equipments. They explained that the work order did not include the packages I requested and did not include the HD equipments. This tells me that satellitesales.com never captured my requests, again proving that they were only interested in creating the new account to get commission regardless of what the customer is requesting, they are getting paid per account created.
Bottom line, satellitesales.com is an unethical company which exploits Dish Network customers. Once they create a new account for a new customer, they get paid by dish network. You would think Dish Network would terminate their relation ship with this unethical partner, but so far they are still there exploiting people.
--The Elephant group companies
The Elephant Group
Liberty Home Protection
Oink Apparel, Inc.
Elephant Wireless, Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer
Joseph Bamira PhD
Chief Financial Officer
Chief Operating Officer
A. Zevi Friedman
Vice President of Marketing and Business Development
Vice President - Sales & Operations
Fred S. Karam
Director of Ecommerce
Director of New Business and Database Marketing
Strategic Business Development
Director of Marketing
Director Of Human Resources / Operations Manager
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2006 12:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Satellitesalescom-The-Elephant-Group-E-Clubcom-Elephant-Wireless-Inc/South-Plainfield-New-Jersey-07080/Satellitesalescom-aka-The-Elephant-Group-Andor-E-Club-ripoff-dishonest-fraudulent-credit-214662. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.