Complaint Review: Satori Spa

• Updated: Fri, September 21, 2012

• Reported By: Fred — Sarasota Florida USA
Satori Spa
3242 Southgate Circle Sarasota, Florida United States of America

Satori Spa Valerie Walters Her featured treatment is the RIP-OFF! Sarasota, Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Legal Agreements need to be read before you sign

*Author of original report: Well, how about this?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Concerning Fred ****'s negative report and the REAL truths about our reputable business

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: REAL TRUTHS of what actually happened with Fred Levine

*Consumer Comment: In Defense of the negative comment about Satori Spa

I had two great massages by a woman named Beth, but then the owner, Valerie Walters, fired her AFTER I bought a 10 massage package for $450. The owner then hired a couple of therapists who weren't nearly as good as the first, one was terrible, but here's the kicker; the package was good for three months, but the owner had health issues that closed the business for weeks, callers got only a voicemail that due to health issues the business was closed, plus there were delays as she hired and fired two more therapists. She assured me that my time would be extended, but alas, she refused to honor her word and decided to screw me out of my last two massages. The place is also filthy. My Wife warned me the day I first stopped by that She got a bad vibe, but I ignored her. Don't make the same mistake, steer clear of Satori and the owner, Valerie Walters.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/13/2012 03:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Satori-Spa/Sarasota-Florida-34239/Satori-Spa-Valerie-Walters-Her-featured-treatment-is-the-RIP-OFF-Sarasota-Florida-940807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Satori Spa

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Legal Agreements need to be read before you sign

AUTHOR: Satori CEO Valerie Walters - (USA)

Once again, the traveler from New York, states incorrect information.
We were open and have been, even when I personally wasn't there and she states otherwise. She refused her treatments from the therapist who was working and available to book her, because she insisted on having a female that visit, and our female wasn't on her shift!
She also was another example, of a person who signs,  and then argues later on, that they should be able to utilize their treatment  package, EVEN IF their  package has expired! READ YOUR AGREEMENT THAT YOU SIGNED!
That is not how treatment packages are designed.
There are a variety for a client to choose from, based on their own personal situation, to suit their availabity.
If someone lets their package lapse, and comes back later to try to redeem one,  then gets angry with our company, we politely remind them to re read their agreement they purchased.
We are not responsible for her not booking within the time frames allowed and then claims I am a dishonest,  rude owner, which isn't true.

We thank all our loyal cutomers of 33 years, who believe in our business plan and appreciates honesty and our integrity, and we value their business.

Well, how about this?

AUTHOR: Fred L - (USA)

After my initial post I Googled Satori Spa and alas, the following review by another individual was posted, and his experience related to exactly the same situation my did, the disruption in business at Satori this past summer. I have no doubt that when business was normal, Satori offered good treatments, but the way the Owner treated at least two customers after her health issues disrupted her business was wrong.

Copied from Insider Reviews: Posted June, 23, 2012

Insider Pages Reviews for Satori Hair & Body LlcHave experience with this business? Write a Review.?????BEWARE PEOPLEhana S.  I Was On Vacation In Sarasota, I Purchased A Gift Certificate To Use It Before I Was Leaving The Town. I Called Many Times To Make An Appointment Nobody Answered Or Called Back. So I Decided To Go Back To The Store And I Asked The Owner And She Said I Am Very Sick Come Back In 2 Weeks. I Told Her I Am Not Going To Be In Town Again And She Said Give It Away!!!!!!!! I Am Not Going To Give You Refund. What Kind Of F***** Owner Does That. IF I WERE YOU I WOULD NOT GO THERE. BAD SERVICE AND HORRIBLE OWNER.June 23, 2012

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

AUTHOR: Satori CEO Valerie Walters - (USA)

Please read my answer note #2 response from owner, Valerie

Noone should ever feel bullied or pressured to give out freebies

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

REAL TRUTHS of what actually happened with Fred Levine

AUTHOR: Iain - (United States of America)

MR. Levine has been utilizing our facility and his wife for a long time. They started off with introductory "trials" of various services and then purchased several of our featured packages, which saved them hundreds of dollars. These packages require an signed agreement,  signed by the agreeing party and myself and it is in written legal format, and there are time frames for each different type of package purchased. Otherwise the customer " forfeits" there services if not used in the agreed time frame. All terms are discussed thoroughly, prior to payment.

We have ALWAYS been very kind and understanding towards our customers and have been there to assist them. We allowed Fred to go over his deadline, as he insisted on only seeing one particular therapist, only, and she was fired for unethical misconduct. He continued to email me over 31 times and call me,  which is documented, asking me for X  therapist's  contact information, which of course, was NEVER given to him.

We hire different females and males, none of which he is happy with, although hundreds of others frequent their treatment room, on a regular basis and with zero complaints.

He then purchased another ten pack from us after he used his previous one, knowing all well, that he is buying services not a particular individual.
He and his wife utilized the services  and if he was that disgusted with our "filthiness" as he claimed ... why did he come back for more and re purchase?

Then he claims were have closed due to my health. My health has not interfered with SATORI SPA and we have been open six days a week for going on 8 years now and have NEVER been closed, as he states in his complaint.

I went out of my way to calm Fred, and to try to attempt to keep him as a happy customer by  agreeing to extend his agreement with various therapists, another 6 weeks! This too, wasn't good enough for him. He didn't use his extention properly, he let his timeframe lapse, even the extention!This caused me to tell him he had zero remaining and it made him very very angry.
We cannot make special arrangements JUST FOR FRED. Sadly that would be totally unfair to the clients who use their packages correctly.

We have our copy his signed agreement, which we kindly asked him to email us his copy, which he did, and then we kindly reminded him to reread it , and this RIP OFF report,  is the result of his bad temper and realizing that we were right in our postion and he is WRONG.

He finds it exceptable to slander me and our reputable business and we feel he is unprofessional and unethical to do so. He should know this is wrong to do, since he runs his own local company called Little Hard Hats, and I'm sure he wouldn't want untruths spread about him and/or his company, like he is doing here and other sites.
To others I would warn you
Do not do business with Fred Levine, he has selective memory, and I am sorry he feels justified in lying about me and SATORI. I have wonderful clients and many good reviews on LINKEDIN and other socail media, Fred's opinions are unwarranted.

In Defense of the negative comment about Satori Spa

AUTHOR: Iain - (United States of America)

SATORI Spa  In DEFENSE of SATORI Spa and its owner and manager and therapists Sarasdota, Florida Our
experiences at Satori Spa, were nothing but, wonderful, stress free, and professional. My wife and I visit many spas throughout our travels around the world. We  thought the decor was elegant, clean and state of the art.

We bought several massges over the course of months and found it very easy to bookours for  late in the day and or and weekends. We tried both male and female therapists after the owners recommendations to try both.

The price for the length of treatment was very very fair. The more we bought the less we paid. People always greet us with friendly courteous attitudes. We enjoy the owner, Val, as she is very knowledgable in her field, and it is apparent she only hires highly trained experienced professionals.

We have had a variety of individuals massage us and that kept it fresh for both my wife and I. We were sad to read the recent negative review and can't believe that its based on any merit whatsoever, as our experience was the exact opposite!So in defense of SATORI Spa we thought we would add our positive feedback.

Interested parties, dont miss out on massages or any other spa treatments at this fine Sarasota location, you will not be dissappointed! We always look forward to our appointments.