- Report: #203333
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Saturn Corporation - General Motors Corporation
Saturn Corporation - General Motors Corporation100 Saturn Parkway MD 371-999-S24 Spring Hill, Tennessee U.S.A.
Saturn Corporation - General Motors Corporation defective 2006 saturn ion 3 quad coupe, ripping off consumers Manassas Virginia
*Author of original report: Saturn Corporation complaint, Saturn refuses to make things right...
A business' first
line of defense
on the Internet.
If your business is
willing to make a
Click here now..
My name is Jeremy and I am writing this letter to provide you a certified notice of the defects in my 2006, Saturn Ion Quad Coupe. I bought this vehicle November 30, 2005 at Saturn of Manassas in Manassas, Virginia.
I wrote to you back on July 14th 2006 with expectation that you or someone other than the area manager from your office would be in contact with me in regard to all the issues that I have had with my Ion. I am disheartened, but not discouraged. I just knew that Saturn Corporation would step up to the plate and take this obvious Lemon off my hands.
My car has been in the shop a total of twelve times equaling 26 days out of service since I bought the car in November. I have registered complaints wherever I could, and those complaints are available for public view. I will continue to update these complaints with every visit to the service department, and every piece of correspondence that is sent or received. I will continue to pursue these issues until a satisfactory resolution can be met.
I have asked the area manager to relay to the decision makers that I would be willing to take a new Saturn. I know that Saturn Corporation doesn't make a bad car, as I have said this is my second Saturn. Saturn Corporation originally won a consumer for life with the service, and product quality that you provided me in my 2003 L200. However, I do believe that I have purchased a vehicle that is having some issues, which have multiplied and have continued. If Saturn is unwilling to make things right before I reach the 30 days out of service that Virginia law requires, I will no longer be willing to accept another Saturn or General Motors manufactured vehicle.
I have been very patient, more so than anyone at your company could have been. In fact, your area manager has told me that she doesn't think she could be as pleasant and understanding as I have been. However, patience and understanding is starting to run in short supply with this situation I do hope that you honestly consider my request, and that you will come to a decision that will be beneficial for us both.
I do want to reiterate that each time I encountered problems with my 2006, Saturn Ion 3 Quad Coupe; I have gone straight to the dealership, fulfilling my obligation regarding the warranty. Each time I picked the car up from the service department it was either partially fixed or worse, I am thankful that the dealership has finally attempted to fix the damage done to the interior by the technicians.
However, once again something else has gone wrong. The headliner that was installed has obvious defects from the factory, and the technicians still installed this is my vehicle. I am again waiting for the work to be completed properly. This is still an unacceptable situation to me as a consumer of your product. I still have the issue with the alternator that I am told can not be fixed, and still don't know if the sunroof is really fixed or not.
It still appears that Saturn Corporation is unwilling to make this right. This became obvious when I made the request that my car be bought back! Saturn Corporation's response was to pay two car payments only. This is not an acceptable or suitable resolution to my dilemma.
I attached copies of my service invoices, rental car invoices, and a time line with my personal notes pertaining to all my conversations with Saturn personnel regarding this most unfortunate experience in the last letter that I sent to you. I am certain that you have read the file, and realize the scope of this situation. I am asking for Saturn to make a suitable decision in adherence to Virginia's Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act, otherwise known as the Lemon Law. Again, I am in hopes that with your help we can reach a quick resolution favorable to both me and Saturn Corporation. Please contact me as soon as possible concerning this most unpleasant situation.
Here are the issues that I have encountered with my 2006 Saturn Ion...
1. The alternator makes a whining or feedback noise when the Heat/AC is engaged and gets louder when accelerating. This problem has still not been corrected.
2. The sunroof switch went bad and was repaired; subsequently the sunroof would not operate correctly. The sunroof started making what sounded like a rubbing noise. The car has been in for repair for the noise a total of seven times. In the process of repair the carpet, seats and the headliner were stained with grease. Additionally while the vehicle was in for repair the trim around the radio and the shifter knob was scratched. The dealership detailed my vehicle; however the stains remain. The headliner has been ruined in spots from the grease stains. Headliner has been replaced with defective headliner, so far the sun has been functioning properly.
3. The bumper was misaligned at assembly, causing the bumper and trunk to rub; consequentially the paint was scratched. The bumper has been removed, adjusted, and re-installed. To my knowledge this problem has been corrected.
4. On June 23, 2006 the sunroof leaked severely, a large amount of water leaked into the passenger side floor board (front and back), down in the door, causing the alarm not to work properly. The passenger seat was soaked and the back seat was partially soaked. My car was left out in the rain with a known leak for three full days, by Saturn of Manassas. We received severe thunderstorms and large amounts of rain this particular weekend. The car was in the shop for two full weeks. Then again on July 12, 2006 less than one week after picking the car up from the last leak repair, the sunroof leaked again during a severe thunderstorm causing large amounts of water in the passenger seat. The car has been in the shop a total of nine for issues relating to the sunroof and two of these times concerning leakage problems. So far the sunroof has not leaked, but it hasn't rained yet either.
Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Saturn
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2006 07:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saturn-Corporation-General-Motors-Corporation/Spring-Hill-Tennessee-37174/Saturn-Corporation-General-Motors-Corporation-defective-2006-saturn-ion-3-quad-coupe-ri-203333. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.