Complaint Review: Saturn Corporation

• Submitted: Mon, July 09, 2001
  • Updated: Mon, July 09, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Saturn Corporation
11 Sylvester Ave. Ronkonkoma, New York U.S.A.

Saturn Corporation Ripoff lousy warrantee

My '98 Saturn that we have a 48 mo. lease
on, and have had for 44 mo., with only 25,600 miles on it had
a serious transmission problem.

The differential pin loosened and fell out. It jammed in the gears, and then shot out and put a fist sized hole in the
tranny near where it attaches to the engine. Saturn said that the warrantee was for 36 mo's. or 36,000 miles, and it was over warrantee on the time, and would not cover the problem, even
though with that mileage, it sure sounds like a defect.

I had the tranny fixed at a repair shop. It cost $1,600. to
repair. I sent a couple of nasty letters to Saturn expressing my disgust with THEM as a U.S. manufacturer with such a lousy warrantee on their power train.

Even KIA gives you 100,000 miles or 10 years on their power train. Saturn offered to reimburse me for $600. to calm me, but as I guess you figured out it didn't.

So buyer beware, if your car company doesn't have enough faith in it's product to give a decent warrantee, (I never thought I'd say this, but) "Buy a cheap foreign car and save on both ends, purchase price, and repairs.

Bill Anthony
iW7-9

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saturn-Corporation/Ronkonkoma-New-York-11779/Saturn-Corporation-Ripoff-lousy-warrantee-5686. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saturn Corporation