Complaint Review: Sauschuck's Auto Repair and Towing

• Submitted: Fri, January 18, 2013
  • Updated: Thu, February 28, 2013

• Reported By: Portjervian — Port Jervis New York United States of America
Sauschuck's Auto Repair and Towing
38 Fowler St. Port Jervis, NY 12771 Port Jervis, New York United States of America

Sauschuck's Auto Repair and Towing Garage charged me over 2x market value for used tires, one which was defective. Port Jervis, New York

*Author of original report: Got my day in court!

My car inspection was due, and my regular garage had been closed for vacation.  I pulled into Sauschuck's establishment and they told me I needed two new tires in the front to pass (back tires were fine they said).  They charged me $65 per used "like new" tires (later found out that is 2x market value, not being car savvy, I had no idea).  Three weeks later I brought my car into my usual garage to look at an alignment when they tell me I have two bad tires, one in the back passenger side being so bad the side wall was almost worn completely through, and the other one sold to me by Sauschuck's had 2 huge bubbles in it, one so bad it was almost separated.  I went back to Sauschuck's for a refund and was told that wasn't going to happen, and that I had "an attitude" (people who have been ripped off normally do).  I want my $65.00 refunded.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/18/2013 01:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Sauschucks-Auto-Repair-and-Towing/Port-Jervis-New-York-12771/Sauschucks-Auto-Repair-and-Towing-Garage-charged-me-over-2x-market-value-for-used-tires-999271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Sauschuck's Auto Repair and Towing

Got my day in court!

AUTHOR: Portjervian - (United States of America)

Went before a court mediator, and was able to recoup over half of my money!  No one has to put up with being ripped off!