Complaint Review: Save-On Cleaniers

• Submitted: Tue, August 19, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, August 19, 2008

• Reported By:Weston Florida
Save-On Cleaniers
1645 Bonaventure Blvd. Weston, Florida U.S.A.

Save-On Cleaniers Consumers Be Warned! Weston Florida

*Consumer Suggestion: Maybe I missed it

I am on a mission to warn my friends, neighbors and colleagues about the unsavory business practices of SAVE-ON Cleaners located on Bonaventure Blvd. in Weston (they have several other locations as well). On a particularly busy evening, I was lured into paying cash for an upfront discount. Being a teacher on a limited budget, I was thrilled. As I scraped the bottom of my purse looking for the cash, I commented on how happy I was for the discount. In retrospect, I realize that I was "deceived" by the small talk. I was also told that they no longer accepted credit cards so I would have to pay cash anyway.

When I returned to claim my goods, I was told that payment had NOT be rendered. I was told that the manager would have to check her credit card log to see if I had paid...the funny thing is that I was told that they DID NOT ACCEPT credit cards. The manager/owner came running after me claiming that she was neither the manager nor the owner but she would look into the problem. I attempted to call several times to discover that this very lady was both the owner and the manager. The "regular" employees all deferred my problem to the so-called "manager."

I was fortunate enough to take my clothing. Knowing that I was lied to and a victim of a scam, I was also fortunate enough NOT to let these CROOKS talk me into paying for a service which I already paid for. To make a bad situation even worse, I was treated horribly.

Since this miserable experience I have spoken with many friends who have had similarly upsetting experiences with SAVE-ON dry cleaners. LESSON LEARNED: ALWAYS PAY FOR DRY CLEANING WHEN PICKING UP YOUR CLOTHES. I also no longer pay cash for such services. It is no wonder that the rip-off artists deceive their customers into believing they do not take credit cards (because the credit card companies all offer the consumers some protection).

I am sad to learn, but NOT SHOCKED, that I am the only person victimized by such unsavory business practices. Warning: Stay away from Save-On Dry Cleaners on Bonaventure Blvd. in Weston and all other locations in Broward County!!!

A.J.
Weston, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/19/2008 10:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Save-On-Cleaniers/Weston-Florida-33326/Save-On-Cleaniers-Consumers-Be-Warned-Weston-Florida-364517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Save-On Cleaniers

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Maybe I missed it

AUTHOR: Northwest - (U.S.A.)

I did not see anything about you taking a receipt for the money paid; did I miss this?

I think having a receipt showing services were paid for at the time of drop-off would have stopped this situation in its tracks.