Complaint Review: Saveology (Comcast Retailer)

• Submitted: Sat, January 05, 2013
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2013

• Reported By: Adin — Minneapolis Minnesota United States of America
Saveology (Comcast Retailer)

Saveology (Comcast Retailer) Provides False Information to Make Sales, Internet

Our letter to Saveology the Comcast Retailer.

Dear Saveology,We hope this finds you well. We had one of the worst "customer" experiences ever with your company this evening which took us a total of about 2 hours of our time, the situation is only not resolved as your customer service department is currently closed.

We will be calling during our lunch break tomorrow to for refund.To explain what happened. We were responding to $39.00 Home Phone and Internet package that was advertised . We called and spoke to your employee who we thought was an actual Comcast employee at the phone number "(877) 558-6885".

He notified us that the deal was still on and that I could also opt for a triple play for $99 which I politely declined.Your employee notified me that there was a $30 installation fee for the Comcast installation department to come out and work, and also a $9.99 cent processing fee for paying with our credit card. That was it. Then we were provided a phone number to call Comcast to schedule a time for them to come and install.We called the number and were informed that the price was actually $50 dollars for installation, and that the internet speed was not as fast as your employee originally stated (12 instead of 15 Megabytes which is not that big of a deal to me but still a lie!).

Your employee also forgot to notify us that there would be a equipment rental charge.We called Comcast directly and tried to figure out what had happened as everyone at Comcast that we spoke to had no clue how you worked or had a record of the confirmation number you provided to us! We finally got a hold of an actual Comcast supervisor, not a Saveology employee. She called your department Saveology directly and called me back right away with an update explaining that you did in fact have a processing fee which was odd as they typically do not have them at Comcast. She notified me that I should call and cancel our "order" with you as we were given false information.

We called to explain out situation and to cancel our order with you as we were given false information and your agent, I think it was the same person, we will call him Mr. W at this time, notified me of the correct information the second time around as they now were given a call by Corporate Comcast. Your agent seemed very rude, and tried to continue to sell me "restaurant deals" when we were already irritated and continued to try and get me to buy into a triple play deal for $99 per month.We were just trying to get our money refunded since we were notified of an incorrect price and Mr. W tries to sell us on more!?!?!

That is extremely disrespectful and shows that your organization does not empathize, or admit mistakes. Not once was your employee apologetic or understood where we were coming from.We really thought we were being scammed and your employee did nothing to help us realize that you were a legit company. The worst part is that when we called back, your employee asked me to confirm my email address. We never gave him an address in the first place, he notified us that it was under MC2 at hotmail dot com which was the icing on the cake.

This also tells us that whoever took our call in the first place, was definitely out to due some damage, or truly does not care about his work!We felt ignored and scammed and we were not able to get a hold of anyone at customer service as by this time your offices at Saveology were already closed. We will be taking time during out lunch tomorrow to call again and try to get our processing fee refunded. I do not think Saveology has good business ethics/morals on how to treat potential customers. Thank you for taking the time to read how we felt about our experience with Saveology.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2013 09:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saveology-Comcast-Retailer/internet/Saveology-Comcast-Retailer-Provides-False-Information-to-Make-Sales-Internet-991755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Saveology (Comcast Retailer)