- Report: #951980
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Saveology
Saveology901 Hadley Road South Plainfield, New Jersey 07080 Internet United States of America
Saveology Saveology Deals; Saveology.com deceptive misleading liars crooked deals-with-hidden-deals charges-for-coupons Internet
They will offer a really good deal to get you hooked. How?
They put out a deal that will appear on websites like Slickdeals and DealNews. For me, it was this offer where you purchase a $15 Mobil gas card for only $7.50.
After you sign up for an account on their website, they will make it mandatory for you to call their number at 877-503-8132 to redeem the voucher.
Once you get in touch with one of their customer representatives s/he will help you redeem the voucher and have the gas card mailed to you. As a matter of fact, I still haven't received the gas card!
So, here is the deceptive part. The customer representative will tell you about this offer that seemed too-good-to-refuse. The representative will tell you that the offer is for a $100 certificate that can be used for shopping and dining and it comes with no catches. That is an outright lie! The representative also told me over the phone to call a number to redeem a voucher for the $100 certificate, which will be mailed to my home in 3 days. Also an outright lie!
1) the "$100 certificate" is nothing more than a virtual credit that they let you use to redeem their mediocre coupons on the Saveology website.
2) Those coupons require you to make additional purchases to qualify for those deals.
3) You can find better coupons and deals from free websites. Why pay for it?
4) The "$100 certificate" was never going to be mailed to my house because it's not even a certificate.
5) The phony voucher number that was provided to me was obviously another deception to turn me away with a false sense of security of having something redeemable in hand.
6) After specifically asking if the $100 certificate deal came with any "catches" or "hidden fees" the customer representative clearly told me "No." Well, the deal also auto-signed me up for a Magazine deal, which I have to cancel within 30 days to keep from being charged a $40 subscription fee.
So, why pay any money for Saveology coupons when you can find FREE coupons on the internet or in newspapers?
Why purchase any gift cards from Saveology with only a 10% discount when you can find 12% discounts from free websites.
These guys are clearly fraudsters and it is criminal for them to lie to customers and ambush people with hidden deals.
STAY AWAY FROM SAVEOLOGY.COM!
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/07/2012 09:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Saveology/internet/Saveology-Saveology-Deals-Saveologycom-deceptive-misleading-liars-crooked-deals-with-hid-951980. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.