Complaint Review: Savings Smart

• Reported By:Shawnee Kansas
Savings Smart
savingsmart.ca/(laizwc55xvld3r55cknwzw55)/VCW/ Nationwide U.S.A.

Savings Smart A differentiate rip-off Internet

My 83 year old mother and I have a joint checking account. She is now in a nursing home and I have been monitoring the account for all outstanding checks to clear so that I could close the account out. When I pulled up the account information online, I noticed the account was overdrawn by -$35.64. When I looked closer there was a $1.00 charge on the account marked checkcard savingsmart.com, and our bank charged us $35.00 because it overdrew our account.

I had been a victim of fraud just this summer when a carpet person in my home got a hold of my debit card number and charged over $3,000 to the account 3 days after putting the carpet in.

Can't these people be stopped!?!? A $35.00 overdraft charge is steep enough on a $.64 balance without a $1.00 charge being taken unbeknown to the account holders.

Shawnee, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/21/2009 12:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savings-Smart/nationwide/Savings-Smart-A-differentiate-rip-off-Internet-414449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savings Smart