Complaint Review: SavingsAce and Intelius

• Updated: Fri, September 17, 2010

• Reported By: POd — Boise Idaho United States of America
SavingsAce and Intelius
? Internet United States of America

SavingsAce and Intelius SavingsAce charged me for services I didn't request Internet

*Author of original report: Followup : SavingsAce response!

Like so many who have complained related to companies associated with Adaptive Technologies, I found mysterious charges on my credit card from SavingsAce that went back almost 9 months. I traced the original charge back to a one time purchase that I made from Intelius to find a phone number. When I contacted my credit card company, they confirmed that they already were aware of previous complaints from customers regarding SavingsAce, so this is nothing new.

I was a fool for not monitoring my credit card transactions more thoroughly--I tend to just check the larger charges--but, that does not excuse the sleazy disingenuous business process that Intelius and SavingsAce have (or at least "had" when I made the Intelius purchase).

As with so many others, it took awhile and some hoop jumping to figure out how to contact SavingsAce--I didn't even realize they existed until I noticed the charges. Since they didn't send an acknowledgement email or phone message or letter when they established my "account," I had no idea what my account number was. They required you to provide the account ID in order to talk to someone. Without an account ID, they wanted your CC number or your email. Since the transaction that originated the SavingsAce "purchase" was not through SavingsAce, that is a bit confusing. I managed to provide an old email that seemed to work...and I was able to get the account ID. Contacting SavingsAce resulted in a customer service manager agreeing to refund 2 months out of 9. I'll pursue this through other avenues...not so much for the lost money, but, because this is just plain slimey.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/15/2010 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/SavingsAce-and-Intelius/internet/SavingsAce-and-Intelius-SavingsAce-charged-me-for-services-I-didnt-request-Internet-640958. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on SavingsAce and Intelius

Followup : SavingsAce response!

AUTHOR: POd - (United States of America)

After contacting credit card vendor and SavingsAce indicating agreement to refund 2 months, got email from SavingsAce indicating pending refund of most of the amount. Very positive after the initial bad karma of this experience.

I followed the recommendations from Ripoff Reports--contact vendor and clearly and firmly indicate that you will contact appropriate authorites, etc.  Recommend to others to do same--just make sure that you don't vent on the support staff, etc. They are trying to do their jobs and are not the ones who decide on how their employer does business.

Would like to think that SavingsAce will ultimately back away from this kind of practice altogether and do business on the up and up...if their services are worth purchasing, they don't need to operate this way.