Complaint Review: Savingsmart

• Submitted: Fri, February 29, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 29, 2008

• Reported By:Andover Kansas
P.O.Box 5152 Des Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Savingsmart Advertised a free credit report through a company called Privacy Matters, then after canceling that, they continued to charge me $1 a month thru Savingsmart Des Plaines Illinois

I took up an offer for a free credit report with a company called Privacy Matters. Then after seeing that they wanted to charge me additional costs, I cancelled that service.

After canceling that service, Savingsmart continued to charge me $1 a month. I contacted them in June 2007 and they assured me that the charges would be stopped.

Now some 8 months later, they are continuing. Today on the 29th of Feb. 2008 I have contacted my credit card company and sent an email to Savingsmart to request that they stop charging me again.

Below is a copy of that email --

I called your company in mid 2007, about 30th of June, 2007 to cancel my membership as I never wanted it. It came with the Privacy Matters credit report and I did not want a monthly charge going to Savingsmart.

I am asking again that the charges be stopped and a refund sent to my credit card. I have contacted the credit card company and they will be receiving a copy of this message, as they are now following this situation closely.

As far I am concerned, your company fraudulently steals money from people and I will join many others in reporting you to the relevant authorities.

Waiting for you to stop stealing my money,

Andover, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/29/2008 04:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savingsmart/Des-Plaines-Illinois-06617-5152/Savingsmart-Advertised-a-free-credit-report-through-a-company-called-Privacy-Matters-then-313224. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savingsmart