Complaint Review: Savingsmart.com

• Submitted: Wed, April 11, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 23, 2007

• Reported By:Mechanicsville Iowa
Savingsmart.com
savingsmart.com Des Plaines, Illinois U.S.A.

Savingsmart.com Using a stolen credit card number? Ripoff Des Plaines Illinois

*Author of original report: AMAZING! SAVINGSMART OFFERS REFUND!

*Author of original report: Saving Smart Apologizes, no refund

I received my Feb. checking account statement and it had on there a $19.95 Debit (supposively debit card use) and then a $1.00 debit. Just having a baby, I didnt have time to call. I got my March statement and I have another $1.00 debit.

I tried to call the 1-800 number only to find out it all it does is keep redirecting you to enter your member number (which I dont have) or tells you to contact them on the web.

I went online, typed an email on their contact us page, only to find, that it wont ever send any email, tells you there is a problem, uh, yeah, like you stole my credit card number and are charging with it.

So I found their email address buried in their privacy statement and emailed them that if they didnt refund my account within 72 hours I am taking legal action. I got an instant email back (automated) that they will contact me in 24-48 hours.

I have never used them, I have never entered my credit (debit) card number on the internet, except to order gardening supplies. SO, I dont know where the BLEEP they got the number.

So convenient, that there is no way to contact them. Will let you know when (and if) they ever contact me.

Esther
Mechanicsville, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/11/2007 05:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savingsmartcom/Des-Plaines-Illinois-06617-5152/Savingsmartcom-Using-a-stolen-credit-card-number-Ripoff-Des-Plaines-Illinois-243545. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savingsmart.com

AMAZING! SAVINGSMART OFFERS REFUND!

AUTHOR: Esther - (U.S.A.)

I am amazed, I recieved an email that they are going to refund all of my money (that I never spent with them)! I havent gotten my statement yet, so I cant say I got the refund, but I did get them to say they were going to, thank you Rip-Off Report!!

AUTHOR: Esther - (U.S.A.)

I got a letter within 72 hours stating "Your recent posting on the internet was brought to our attention. Thank you for bring your issure to our attention. Customer service is a priamry concern for our company, and we will do everything possible to resolve this matter to your satisfaction. As you requested, the membership is cancelled, and we authorized a refund of $0.00. Again thanks, and if we can do anything further please contact us at 1-800..."

Ok, I never had an account, never requested it to be cancelled, I just wanted the fradulent charges taken off. And the infamouse 1-800 number that will get you no where. Well, if customer service is a concern, stop charging cards you were never authorized to use, and refund the ones you already charged.

I had stated in my email to them that I would take legal action, if the charges weren't reversed. Ok, I know its what 21.95, but its a matter of principle. I hope they think the 21.95 is worth it. I am suing them. Maybe if enough people start standing up to these bullies, they might stop.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC