Complaint Review: Savingsmart.com

• Submitted: Thu, November 08, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, November 08, 2007

• Reported By:Carrollton Texas
Savingsmart.com
9500 West Dodge Road, Omaha, NE 68114 Omaha, Nebraska U.S.A.

Savingsmart.com Savingsmart.com takes money from your account without authorization and keeps doing it. Omaha Nebraska

I had a mysterious $1.00 deducted from my checking account and, after contacting my bank, found that it was savingsmart.com. My account was in overdraft protection at the time, so an additional $32.00 was charged to may account. I attempted to contact savingsmart by telephone, but they don't answer it. I began writing emails to them, and they kept writing me back, explaining that my account had been closed and a refund would be sent to my bank. They explained that I would see this on my bank statement in one or two months, depending upon statement cycles. The next week they did it again, costing me another $32.00 in fees (overdraft protection is a courtesy service of my bank and not meant for this abuse). Savingsmart's story is that I signed up for their service while responding to another offer over the telephone. They refuse to explain to me how this came about or how they obtained my account information. I certainly never gave my checking information to anyone over the phone! After repeated emails and my telling them that I am having my bank investigate, as well as filing fraud charges, they have finally responded from their "Compliance Department" to research my claims. All they want is for me to send them all of my account information, including all debits, credits, deposits and non-sufficient fund charges!!! DO NOT TRUST THIS COMAPNY111

Mdmcleister
Carrollton, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/08/2007 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Savingsmartcom/Omaha-Nebraska-68114/Savingsmartcom-Savingsmartcom-takes-money-from-your-account-without-authorization-and-ke-283771. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Savingsmart.com