Complaint Review: Scalp Med

• Updated: Wed, April 30, 2014

• Reported By:Woodbridge Virginia
Scalp Med
scalpmed.com Nationwide U.S.A.

Scalp Med Guthy-Renker Corporation Doesnt Work False 60 Day Guarantee Steel Your Money big promise big steel Internet

*Consumer Comment: Issue Resolved?

*UPDATE Employee: We apologize that you were unhappy with your purchase and are here to help.

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: ZX42 AND CREDIT CARDS

*Consumer Comment: they did it to me too

Saw the infomercial for scalpmed and with the 60 day guarantee went for it, received the product and tried it, after 45 days it was apearanet that nothing was going to change on my scalp and called to cancel.
On the phone the rep was telling me it can take up to 6 months to work and wanted me to give it time to work I informed him that I'm within my 60 day guarantee and dont want to pay for a product that does not work. He took my information and informed my that my order is cancelled and I should not receive anything more I confirmed again with him that there will be no charges on card and he confirmed.

In next month statement I see that they have charged me 160 for the trial product calling them I was informed that yes I have cacelled but I did not return the product (empty containers) which the agent did not request when I cancelled. Talking to a supervisor was more of the same.

People stay clear of this company. They will steel you money and give you nothing in return.

I am now taking this up with my cc company.

Consumer
Woodbridge, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/17/2008 11:50 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scalp-Med/nationwide/Scalp-Med-Guthy-Renker-Corporation-Doesnt-Work-False-60-Day-Guarantee-Steel-Your-Money-big-373812. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scalp Med

Issue Resolved?

AUTHOR: Cindy - ()

I had a similar experience and noticed that in their rebuttal, they stated that they had credited back your account.  I was wondering if that was in fact true or not.

After several attempts to contact them, I am still getting nowhere.  I find it very unfortunate that these things are allowed to take place.  All of their fine print (that no one has the time or energy to actually read) is how they get you.  I have posted a Ripoff Report of my own.  This company should be ashamed of themselves.

We apologize that you were unhappy with your purchase and are here to help.

AUTHOR: Company Representative - ()

Dear customer, we apologize that you did not see the results you were looking for with our product.  We encourage individuals to try Scalpmed risk free to determine if the product will work for them.  Although we have extremely high success rates, our patented formula does not work 100% of the time (nothing does).  For efficacy studies, please see: http://www.slideshare.net/scalpmed/scalp-med-consumer-trial-scalp-med-25290784.  Additionally, please note that some individuals simply take longer to see results.  This is why, as you quoted in your response, a representative indicated that it could take months to regrow your own hair – which likely didn’t all fall out in 45 days.  We stand behind the Scalpmed formula and thousands of our customers have seen success. I believe we were able to reverse the charges on your credit card and refund the full amount of your purchase.  If this is not the case, please call our customer service department at 800-351-6648.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

ZX42 AND CREDIT CARDS

AUTHOR: STOP LIERS OF ZX42 - ()

zx42solutions.com  is  a  very  credible company  and never  does  auto billing  zx42  extreme  is  very  powerful  with azaliac  and  hyaluronic  acid    much more  powerfule  that scalp med   ,, we do want  to say there is  one fraud  company  who  is  called  argan rain  and  argn life  ,, steer  clear  of  that  company  ,, thank  you for your  time

they did it to me too

AUTHOR: Cheryl - (U.S.A.)

you are so right, it happened to me too from scalpmed. using my credit card causing $180 worth of overdrafts. we should get together and file a class action law suit. this should not be allowed to happen, anywhere, anytime. consent should be needed to debit someones credit card.
sorry to hear you are a fellow victim of scalpmed like myself.
cheryl