Complaint Review: Scam Artist 3rd party Craigslist

• Updated: Fri, June 13, 2014

• Reported By: Scooter — St George Utah
Scam Artist 3rd party Craigslist
Internet USA

Helena Luirman Scam Artist Helena Luirman's posting on Craigslist.org 2006 MDX $2500 Augusta Maine

This is the first responce I received from this scam artist who claims they can not meet in person and that eBay Motors will handle the transaction even though I located this listing on Craigslist.org.

------ Original Message ------
From : Helena
Subject : My Acura Mdx Touring 06 FOR SALE

Thank you for your interest in buying my vehicle. My 2006 Acura Mdx Touring With Navigation has 54000 original miles, automatic transmission. It is in perfect condition, no need for additional repairs,no scratches, dings, rust, special marks whatsoever. The interior looks great. It runs like new and all services are up to date.. Also, I need to mention that it was never involved in any accidents.
The price is $2,500 (non-negotiable). This belonged to my husband and after he passed away i decided to sell it. I have another vehicle so I'm trying to sell it as soon as possible, my name is on the title.
I moved at my daughter because I had a throat surgery and i will remain here for few months at least. I'm located in Augusta, ME and i took the vehicle with me. I gave it to eBay Motors who will deliver it to the next owner. The transaction will be made through them for our own safety because I can't deal in person. The best part about this is that you'll get 5 days for inspection for free with no further obligation or fees.

If you're interested in purchasing it just email me your full name, full address and phone # so that I can initiate the deal through eBay Motors and they will contact you to explain the procedure.

1-OWNER
        mileage, 54,000
        engine,  6-cylinder 3.5L V6 SOHC 24V
  transmission, automatic
  fuel, gasoline

Thanks, Helena Luirman

Here is the second message regarding the invoice and payment terms:

Good morning, eBay Motors told me that you must have the invoice. Check your bulk spam message too so you can find the invoice. I will wait for you to make the payment to eBay Motors so the shipping can begin. When you`ll receive the suv you`ll have 5 days of inspection and in case you won`t like it you can send it back on my cost and eBay Motors will send all your money back. I will also send all the paperwork and a bill of sale which will be already signed and notarized onto your name. If you decide to keep it all your have to do is to sign the transfer papers and announce eBay Motors to release the funds to me. Please let me know if you received the invoice and when you will be able to complete the payment so I can release the shipping right away. Thanks!

eBay.com responded back to identifing this same practice as a scam. They never act as a selling agent in transactions outside ebay.com. If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!

Plus never send a Wire Transfer or Money Order outside the eBay.com website. Otherwise you have no protection. Beware

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/13/2014 11:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scam-Artist-3rd-party-Craigslist/internet/Helena-Luirman-Scam-Artist-Helena-Luirmans-posting-on-Craigslistorg-2006-MDX-2500-Augu-1154619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scam Artist 3rd party Craigslist