Complaint Review: Scana Energy

• Submitted: Tue, February 26, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, February 26, 2008

• Reported By:Marietta Georgia
Scana Energy
http://www.scanaenergy.com/en/ Atlanta, Georgia U.S.A.

Scana Energy Scana Engergy Ripoffs there existing variable rate customers. Atlanta Georgia

I got my gas bill this past month and it was 360.00. I was shocked. It was 150 dollars higher that I have ever been. I examined the bill a little closer to find out why. I got my old bill from last year for the same time period and notice that I used about 20 therms less. So why was my bill so high? I had signed up for the variable rate that was to give me the market rate from month to month. I then notice that Scana energy was charging me 1.349 per therm. I got on the internet and could not find anyone charging that much per therm. So I went to the Scana energy web site and took look at their rates. I looked at the variable plans on Scana and today Feb 26 the plan they were 1.229 per therm with 5.95 monthly charges for the variable rate. So I called Scana to find out why they were charging me a 6.95 per month and 1.349 per therm. I talked to a lady named Tina who gave me her ID as 64295. Listen to the crap below.

She told me that I did not automatically get the lower market rate in the variable plan. That just because the name of the plan I had was the variable rate plan did not mean that I would really get the variable market rate plan. Scana had since I signed up had created some new of variable rate plans and that I was on one of their older variable rate plans and that my variable rate plan was higher than the new variable rate plan and if I wanted the new variable rate plan then I had to call in and ask for the new lower variable rate plan that they never told me existed otherwise they assumed I wanted to pay more money on the old variable rate plan. Sanna has two market rates one to screw their existing customers and another to sucker in new victims.

I could not believe I was hearing this crap. when is a market rate not a market rate. This is so absurd. Any company that screws its existing customers with this type of double speak are idiots and criminals. It is just a matter of time. I will be getting off this sinking boat.

Is there a lawyer out there that will please sue these lying criminals! in a class action law suit.

Marietta, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/26/2008 01:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scana-Energy/Atlanta-Georgia/Scana-Energy-Scana-Engergy-Ripoffs-there-existing-variable-rate-customers-Atlanta-Georgia-312239. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scana Energy