Complaint Review: Scana Energy

• Submitted: Tue, March 14, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 14, 2006

• Reported By:Mableton Georgia
Scana Energy
PO Box 100157 Columbia, South Carolina U.S.A.

Scana Energy Ripoff Threatening customers with false overdue letters for switching to different provider- Columbia South Carolina

I used to be a customer of Scana Energy for my home heating Gas. Recently I switched to Georgia Natural Gas. Now Scana is upset with me and trying to intimidate me. I got a final bill for $49.23 on March 9th. And it is due on March 16 2006.

I got a threatening letter on March 13th saying the bill is overdue and if I don't make a payment immediately, they will report that information to a Collection agency and a credit bureau. When I called the customer service, the representative is acting as if nothing happened and asking me to pay the bill. Needless to say I mailed the payment on 11th. I told him it is due on 16th and it would be paid by the due date and he is unwilling to listen to me. I had service with them for 15 months and I made every payment on time and did not miss a single payment and this is the kind of treatment I get from SCANA. I am sick of unscrupulous companies like SCANA energy and harras people just because they switch the GAS providers.

Please, please think twice before doing business with SCANA. All your hard earned credit history might be ruined just because of idiots like this.I hope whoever reads this will be more circumspect when they hear the name SCANA. Goodluck

Mableton, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/14/2006 10:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Scana-Energy/Columbia-South-Carolina-29202/Scana-Energy-Ripoff-Threatening-customers-with-false-overdue-letters-for-switching-to-diff-181263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Scana Energy